Notices

Can I smoke pot?

Old 03-08-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can I smoke pot?

Is it okay to smoke pot on your road to recovery from alchoale
Old 03-08-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Depends if you want to recover or not Pbody...How you feeling today?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
If you are looking for a green light to get stoned, you won't get it from me. That said, you can do whatever you want, PBODY, provided you are willing to pay the price, which will probably be high.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

No.

How do you recover from alcoholism while you're smoking pot? I've done both in my past for many years. Stoned and drunk are both states of being which have nothing to do with recovery.

What are you thinking?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am feeling like I want something to drink which I am assuming it is natural considering. I am looking at some of these postings reading how people were sober for years and committed suicide so I am kind of leaning on getting a psych evaluation but they are out for lunch than I started thinking about how pot is used medicinally. I think it is just the jitters. How are you doing Sapling?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wasn't sure if it was like a step back that is why I asked because if that is the case of jepordizing my sobriety I haven't been sober at all never not even for those two years with out alchoale which might be the cause for relapse.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm doing good...Don't over research yourself guy..You're going to drive yourself nuts...Just work on not drinking today...If you're off today...Check out a meeting...Hang around some alcoholics that don't drink...And don't smoke any pot before you go.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I bought soda, my grandpa picked up a soda habit and hasn't drank in 25 years, so I figure I would try it I did it a couple of months ago remained sober for like 2 months until I removed it from the house. I am just worried and I want to indefinatly quit
Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Okay I will see if there are any I can go to this afternoon/evening. I missed the 630 am meeting I was looking at.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'd recommend quitting for good...While you still have a family...Soda is great..I like it...It doesn't keep me sober...You really should look into some type of recovery plan or program...
Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by PBODY View Post
I wasn't sure if it was like a step back that is why I asked because if that is the case of jepordizing my sobriety I haven't been sober at all never not even for those two years with out alchoale which might be the cause for relapse.
Okay, so you've smoked pot for years, so you know what pot can do if you smoke it properly to milk that high. And that is the problem right there, okay? When the addict gets high he or she seeks that rush and it is in the seeking that the addict is doomed to not change and so recovery becomes nigh impossible.

Are you alcoholic?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

If that works for you Snarf..That's great...I know for myself...As soon as I start getting high...I'll be drunk shortly after...I'm quite happy with both of them out of my life.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yes I am an alchoalic. RobbyRobot.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

When I have smoked it I only smoke in the evening and I have had like 1-3 hits per night. not bragging rights or any thing I am just confused and afraid of drinking.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
If that works for you Snarf..That's great...I know for myself...As soon as I start getting high...I'll be drunk shortly after...I'm quite happy with both of them out of my life.
That's pretty much what I'm getting at. It is all relative to the individual in question. I don't believe in blanket rules that cover everyone.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Okay I will see if there are any I can go to this afternoon/evening. I missed the 630 am meeting I was looking at.
I think it would be good for you...Be around some people doing what you want to do...It can't hurt...
Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Snarf View Post
It's my opinion that ingesting any substance is perfectly fine and normal as long as one does not see consequences from such use. Heck, I know people who won't even drink caffeine because they say it is a mood-altering drug. But I'll sip on my Coca-Colas all day long.
Yeah. People die everyday of alcoholism and drug addictions and they died with the understanding that things were okay with them. It was the world or whatever else that was going to hell. For themselves, everything was just great as they overdosed or offed themselves in a car crash.

Do they count?

You think its really up to the user, eh?

Well, I don't. I think some users will never care enough to quit. You know, some users really do drink or otherwise drug themselves to death.

I guess I'm upset a bit, lol.

Take it easy, Snarf.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snarf View Post
That's pretty much what I'm getting at. It is all relative to the individual in question. I don't believe in blanket rules that cover everyone.
The guy's on his second day...Snarf...Maybe he can stop without it...
Old 03-08-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Yes I am an alchoalic. RobbyRobot.
So you did smoke and not drink for like 2 years and so you know already the answer to your question.

yeah?

Old 03-08-2012, 10:20 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I stopped drinking for 2 years yet have had many relapses in the past 7 it wasnt the more recent two years it was like maybe 2-3 years ago. 2 years, so over the span of 3 years when I have smoked I haven't drank but when I didn't smoke I drank. So I think I am starting to answer my own question. Sorry my wife keeps asking me to get pot, she is saying I have been watching you getting ****** up for a while and.... so forth.