Notices

Can I smoke pot?

Old 03-08-2012, 09:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I remember when I first quit drinking I would have these little conversations with myself about how I could just smoke a little weed every once in a while and it would all be cool. Like if I was going out to a party or something where everyone would be drinking I could just have a little toke so I could have some fun with everyone else and it wouldn't jeopardize my sobriety.

Luckily I didn't make good on that plan. The more I thought things through and the more that I read up on addictions it soon became obvious to me that high is high...it doesn't matter if it is cocaine, ecstasy, mushrooms, weed or alcohol. They all have a similar affect on the brain and they are all addictive.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snarf View Post
You're probably correct about that. I'm just trying to be honest with my feelings. I believe we each have the God-given gift of free will to make our own choices, and if those choices bring harm neither to us or to others, I don't see any problem with it.
MY "free will" has been part of my problem the entire time... not to mention the entire time I've been drinking I didn't "think" I was bringing harm to myself or others... but in hind sight I certainly have brought a lot of harm. Unfortunately for me now my "will" has to be more controlled.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:37 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

I guess I see things differently. I feel that my desires are to be controlled, and my free will is the vehicle God has given me to do that. But at this point those desires are pretty much gone. Now I desire a healthy, prosperous life for myself and my family, and I no longer wish for the things that would be detrimental to that.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:43 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Is marijuana at least viewed as a step down from rampant alchoholism? I see that it's just another crutch, but at least it won't cause liver failure... But then again I'm just an alcoholic who wants to smoke.