Notices

hedonistic personality...

Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hedonistic personality...

Funny.

I filled in a bunch of questions about my personality online, took me almost an hour. It was for a dating-site so they could match me with a girl.

My character assets are being a little bit old fashioned, ratio over emotion, goal orientated, career-minded, etc. etc. etc. they all quite fit together. The only asset that was completely out or sync in this personality overview...

was my hedonistic side. Creature of pleasure. Seeking satisfaction, quick fixes, pleasure on my mind.

I realised that this was my addiction.

I realised it causes the whole picture of 'me', of my personality to get out of balance.

I realised my pleasure side caused me to have using-abusing partners, so I could use and abuse myself.

Before I even started online dating I gave it up. Instead I didn't smoke weed last night....slept sucky but enough....and since 14/16 hours i'm clean.

I shoudn't be dating. I got more important things to do, such as surviving this dreaded disease called addiction , working on my career, my spirituality. I rather die alone as an old man (bit dramatic since i'm 28 but u get the point) then together with some hot crazy chick wasted....I truely do.

In fact, I applied for some charity work three days ago. Rather help then waste my time wasted, hopefully meet some nice sober(at least no junkys) folks, then have meaningless sex with some girl that doesn't care or understand anything but getting wasted herself.

Never had that before.

This afternoon I got a job interview, and coming tuesday.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

great bit of self awareness- "filling the void" is filling the void.
I think it was Santayana who called us to task for being perpetual 5 yr olds- " I want everything now- ESPECIALLY if some one else has it"

I had several yrs clean. was working in a resort town as a carpenter. soon had a crew. soon had a couple 2 and 3 shift projects T & M . so was netting a bit over $120/ hr..
driving down the road w/ my GF and my 12 yr old son-I was bragging of "being able to buy..."
My son: "Dad , thats not who we are..."
Old 03-08-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you back CC- and making changes...

D
Old 03-08-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Great post! Welcome back.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome home again,