Notices

i failed again..

Old 03-07-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

One day at a time. Yeah, it takes work, but still doable. Try not to over complicate things. I know how overwhelming it can be in the beginning. It can and will get better. Never quit trying...
Old 03-07-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
What would be different for you right now if you weren't a drinker? How would I know if you drank or not? Would you have a hiding spot for booze? Would you have booze near to hand? What would be different?
This is a great point. We have a much better chance of being happy and healthy people if we are not active in our addiction)s).

We learn new ways to cope with life and its problems. We try not to be selfish people.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I know you can do it - I drank all my life and I did it. You sound really fed up and ready to be free of the poison. Try again DG - we are with you.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
~sb

Try one meeting....or set a low number so you can make your goal.....60 in 60 gives room for failure, then if you don't get to one, it's a reason to miss the next one....if you are like me, I like to set myself up, sometimes. I made a doable goal of 2-3 a week and made 3 a day in the beginning. I was way past my weekly goal, which made every day a day where I wanted to get to a meeting or more! Today, I even enjoy going to meetings that are "out of my comfort zone" and even further away from home!!

I wish you well on your sober journey!

You can do this!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I'm going to spend today drying out and hope to make a 10 am meeting tommrow. This is the first time i've actually looked forward to a meeting. I wish i was dry enough to go today but i know i'm not safe to drive.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I'm going to spend today drying out and hope to make a 10 am meeting tommrow. This is the first time i've actually looked forward to a meeting. I wish i was dry enough to go today but i know i'm not safe to drive.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Old 03-08-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I'm just praying that the withdrawls aren't too awful. Why do i always forget about the withdrawls??
Old 03-08-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
instant

I used to go back to drinking when I felt good then have trouble stopping. This thing is cyclical and can be understood. We face difficult choices. You can achieve what you have achieved before, then try to build on it. Good luck
Old 03-08-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It is hard DG, I know. I started, stopped, started, stopped, over and over again. It finally got to the point where I said enough is enough. Drinking is no longer an option NO MATTER WHAT. From this starting point, I had to change my thoughts, my actions. Not always easy, but I want to stay sober more than anything, and I am willing to do whatever it takes to do that.

Are you willing to do whatever it takes? You need to ask yourelf that. If the answer is yes, then throw your entire being into recovery.

God bless.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I feel like i'm finally willing. It feels different this time because i find myself actually looking forward to going to an AA meeting instead of driving there and sitting in fear in the parking lot. I feel like a switch has been turned on and suddenly i realize that trying to do this alone simply won't work. That and i'm so tired of being lonely. I haven't made a friend up here in Wisconsin for over 2 years. I only ever talk to my husband, my roommates (rarely) and my coworkers (and them only once a week). Heck, i have longer conversations with the cashiers at the liquor department. This self imposed isolation is sapping my soul and i think i've finally accepted that it must end. At least going to AA is a good way to meet people in a safe environment i hope.