Notices

Getting back into AA

Old 03-07-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting back into AA

I went to my home group meeting last night after about a month of being absent... it was nice! As many of you know, I have not been feeling so great emotionally and have been really tempted to drink. Just going back helps a lot with that already. I also told my sponsor that I am finishing my first step (which I started like two months ago and then let it taper off), and we are meeting on Monday evening. I feel really good being back in the program. It is nice to have friends there too.

In other news, today was my boyfriend's DWI trial, and the cops didn't show up. They have one more chance and the trial was re-scheduled until April. I hope everything works out for him and it also seems like he has learned from it and is changing, so, that's good. I prayed this morning, even though I don't believe in God, but just left it up to Fate/the Universe and hoped hard that he would not be severely punished but that he will also learn from it. At the meeting last night a girl was talking about being grateful and praying that God will get her through the day... that helps a lot. I am grateful I haven't had a drink in over 4 months and that my boyfriend has received some mercy so far and grateful for SR and AA. Thanks everyone. Best wishes to you all.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Glad you are feeling better, Pigtails. I agree with what you said, having missed a couple weekends. Going back to meetings after a break affirms their worth.

Take care! And keep praying...
Old 03-07-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pigtails View Post
I prayed this morning, even though I don't believe in God, but just left it up to Fate/the Universe and hoped hard that he would not be severely punished but that he will also learn from it.
You don't have to believe in God...As long as you believe in prayer...It will work..Just keep practicing it....I'm so happy for you..Work those steps and change your life...Enjoy your sobriety...Get safe and protected...You sound better already!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Aww thanks guys. I really appreciate the support. I'm glad I came to SR instead of drinking!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pigtails View Post
Aww thanks guys. I really appreciate the support. I'm glad I came to SR instead of drinking!
Me too...Pigtails...
Old 03-07-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Great to read pigtails.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awakening...

Work that program Pigtails, and have the obsession to drink removed.
(just a suggestion.)
Old 03-07-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Hey Pig.....nice to have you back!

I've stalled out plenty myself....always paid a price for it too. Recognize it, make the necessary adjustments, try to learn something from it (so you don't do it in that area / because of "those" reasons again), then onward and upward - don't live in the past.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I look forward to finishing step one (finally) and getting to the rest of the steps. Honestly I'm rather scared but I know I need it.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Pigtails,

Glad you are getting the support of AA to help you stay stopped. I believe my HP removed my obsession to drink after 6 months. The word God does not sit comfortably with me or even prayer. They are only words but ....I prefer communing with my HP.

CaiHong
Old 03-07-2012, 10:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Pigtails....

Good to see you posting. I was wondering about how you were doing just yesterday.

And here you are.....
Old 03-08-2012, 12:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wellwisher View Post
Pigtails....

Good to see you posting. I was wondering about how you were doing just yesterday.

And here you are.....
Yes, here I am! When I was really struggling and thinking I don't need to be sober, I can just drink, etc., I received some private messages and friend requests etc. from people on SR checking in on me. I really appreciate that, it brought me back to where I know I need to be and it feels so good to have support and solidarity in my true goals. Thanks to you, and everyone.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Hey, it's ok to be scared ..... just do it.

Glad to see you back!!