Notices

A test passed

Old 03-07-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A test passed

Hello All....
I just wanted to relate something which occured this weekend. I hadnt seen my parents for quite some time, and out of the blue they called up wanting to visit on my days off. We have had a tenuous relationship at best, filled with negative aspects, denigration etc, but they are old and still my parents after everything is said and done. I was worried after the phone call that when they arrived on Saturday, it would have been very easy for me to slip back into drinking mode..They are hard to take sober, they are very big drinkers, and we have done alot of drinking together in the past. I worried needlessly however, as they did indulge in their alcohol, and I was completely fine with my soft drinks and tea. We actually passed a not unpleasant weekend, and my son got to spend time with his Opa and Oma...
I guess the point to this is, no one pours alcohol down an unwilling throat, and often, what we tend to awfulize for future upcomings dont turn out half as bad as we can predict in our minds.
I am glad to continue on my path of sobriety, and feel just a little Triumphant that although Alcohol was in my house, its subtle beaconing never deviated me from my path..
Thank you...have a great day all...
Old 03-07-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cool

I too 'awfulize' (LOL) quite a bit, especially when family is concerned. Nice going.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's cool...How did they take that?...You not drinking....
Old 03-07-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Hi lost, Your progress as a maturing human being is a big sign of progress. Keep it up!!! Whatever you are doing.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great Job, sometimes it's hard to take my parents sober too so I know that feeling, used to pound a couple before visiting with them.