Notices

cellulitis and alcoholism

Old 03-07-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

cellulitis and alcoholism

I ws trying to research this because my ex has cellulitis right now and trying to get treatment. Was wondering if alcoholism caused/affected it and found this site. I hope to get info to help me and my daughters help him. thanks for any help. He has it in his hand/arm right now.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi 1stex,
Not sure if anyone might have any more info, but you should try posting in a different spot. Maybe friends and family of alcoholics. I think you would find a lot of people over there you can relate with. I think there is a health forum here as well. In any case, best of luck.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I moved your thread here 1stex - welcome

I don't know of any direct causal link between alcoholism and cellulitis - although my standard of self-care did get lower the longer I drank, so there may be some correlation that way - not caring properly for wounds etc.

The very best thing for your bf to do is go see a Dr - any Dr would be a start - to get a proper diagnosis and treatment

Bacterial infections can get nasty.

D
Old 03-07-2012, 09:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I moved your thread here 1stex - welcome

I don't know of any direct causal link between alcoholism and cellulitis - although my standard of self-care did get lower the longer I drank, so there may be some correlation that way - not caring properly for wounds etc.

The very best thing for your bf to do is go see a Dr - any Dr would be a start - to get a proper diagnosis and treatment

Bacterial infections can get nasty.

D
Boy do I remember that.....I'm no Brad Pitt but I've never really had a hard time meeting girls, until I started drinking heavily. My God what a mess I was for about a year, fat and out of shape, only cut my hair and shaved when it started getting too long. I remember seeing an ex that I used to date before I started drinking a lot, in a bar near my house. She hardly recognized me, after a few drinks and catching up she finally came out and said "what the hell have you been doing to yourself? You used to be so handsome but now you look really bad....are you sick?" Wow how embarrasssing remembering that was. Can't believe that wasn't really a wake up call for me yet....