Notices

Rehab on Monday...

Old 03-07-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linz View Post
Sapling,
I am pretty familiar with AA stuff... I've been to a handful of meetings and own a Big Book, and a 12 & 12 book.
If it's anything like mine...I'd read the first 164 pages of the Big Book before you go in...They'll tell you to do that...Might as well read it again when they do...You'll have group meetings every morning...Get you used to that..Different meetings with different counselors throughout the day...Mostly exercises that prepare you for the steps...You'll have speakers come in...Ask them any questions you have...I'd usually go and talk to them after those meetings..They might offer meditation and breathing classes...Not mandatory for me...I didn't miss one of them...They were great....You'll meet some great people...Just take it all in...You feel very safe there....Then they let you back into the real world...It's nice to have AA waiting there when they do...I went right to a meeting when I got out and started looking for a sponsor...You'll find there is more than enough free time...I used that to study the book and watch recovery video's they had...A lot of people went to the gym/pool...I did that after I left...I figured I was paying to be there...I might as well spend the time on me. The only time I ever left my compound was to go to outside AA meetings...I was in a real nice place...I learned a lot. It doesn't hurt to take some time for yourself...I had a few guys that were Family Guy fans...We'd watch that every night...It's a trip...Enjoy it...