Notices

Feel like a failure again

Old 03-06-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome back - great decision. Be proud of yourself, not disgusted. My relapses lasted years, not weeks. You came back to talk about it and start again - good job.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

Welcome back!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justhadenough View Post
Hi Sunny

Thanks for your response. I have been keeping a low profile for the last 3 weeks. Need to face it head on though and today is a new day. I'm feeling better already for making a decision and a new start.

How are things with you? Have you started your volunteer work? How's it going? You are doing really well with it all Sunny.

I still feel better than I did on 3 Jan both physically and mentally but that is dangerous really cos the little voice says 'see you are ok you don't have a problem, you can have a couple of glasses, you'll be fine' It always starts that way though then next week it will be a bottle, then 2 then every night, then problems and the same old cycle starts again!

Here's to a new sober start!
Love
JHE.xx
Hey JHE

How are you doing? I have been thinking about you a good bit and I know what you mean by the 'you can handle a glass or two' kind of thinking.

I totally know how you feel. I kept thinking I was denying myself so always tried to be 'good'. The thing is, two glasses is never 'good'. I think once I actually accepted this, it really helped me.

I could keep it under control for a while but it always crept up -always. So why even try and control it when I know what happens every single time?

If I wanted to move my life forward (which I did) then the old booze just had to go.

The training went great - thanks for asking.

First session was on Monday. I met the rest of the group that made it through and they are all lovely I tell you, it is so good to be investing my time into learning how to be there for others instead of drinking wine with friends talking the same old sh*t and bemoaning this, that and everything.

I am at day 68 now, but I am not being complacent. I know I have a long way to go to beat this and this time I am not going to kid myself a drink or two is no harm - because it categorically is.

I had many slips-ups through the years justhad, so I hope you don't think this has just come easier to me I have all the war wounds, too. Just keep on going.

I have every faith you will get there

All my love,

Sunny xxx