Notices

Hello from Do-Dah

Old 03-05-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello from Do-Dah

Hello. I am new to this site. I am the wife of an alcoholic who is currently away in rehab. He has been gone for less than 2 weeks now and I finally feel like I can breathe.

Our marriage has been in turmoil for a few years and he's been an alcoholic for at least two of those years. I was in denial for so long about how bad things had gotten. And I'm just now starting to put some of the puzzle pieces together and realizing how much he's manipulated me, lied to me, and cheated on me.

I am supposed to go visit him in two weeks but I am so angry and feel so "done" with him. I am trying to support him while he's in rehab to give him a positive recovery so he can get healthy again for himself and for the sake of our child. However, I feel lost. I don't know what to do. I want to confront him on things I've been finding out but also feel like I just need to let him be and then get my help separately.

Any suggestions and insight would be most welcome. Thank you all.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

WifeofOz, welcome to SR. There are many members here who have been to hell and back, and from both sides of the addiction equation. I know you will find lots of support, experience and hope here.

There is a forum for people who are suffering just as you are. You can find it at Friends and Family of Alcoholics. Do some reading there, and post your question. I hope that things work out for you and your family.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!

Have you checked with your local Al Anon? You could call and talk to someone who's experienced what you are experiencing, just a suggestion.

Glad you are here!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, do check out AlAnon and the Friends and Families forums on our boards.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your replies!