Notices

Post powder white bull fatigue

Old 03-05-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post powder white bull fatigue

Hello to all,

I'm glad to have found this site and hopefully I can find it useful as I am an idiot! I am addicted to the white powder cocaine. I have too much to loose for this to be in my life. I am self employed and must be on top of my game all the time with work. I have been a steady user for 2years now.

I have eliminated the people around me that use and nobody that knows me has any idea. I realize, I have a serious issue that will potentially need outside assistance to overcome. Each time I stop I go back due to the fatigue lasting days on end and I am unable to snap out of it. There is not enough Red Bull or Vitamin B-12 to keep me going. During that time, I really dont have a craving for it, except for the need to be more alert and get my job done.

Any good advise on overcoming the withdrawal fatigue would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I bet there is an NA meeting "right around the corner" there in Atlanta. They would be able to help you with that.

Wishing you the best.

Bob R
Old 03-05-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Please see a doctor. Between the cocaine and the energy drink, your heart is being given a major work-out. As for fatigue, the way I saw getting off that coke was that I went up, so I had to just deal with the going down part. Yeah, your body is very tired. Can you take a week off or go to a rehab? It helped me to get off that stuff. I slept for almost 2 weeks back then.

I welcome you to SR and I wish you well!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

some really good advice here CHANGEISNEEDED
you might also find our substance abuse forum of benefit to you as well:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

welcome aboard
D
Old 03-05-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

Originally Posted by CHANGEISNEEDED View Post
Hello to all,

I'm glad to have found this site and hopefully I can find it useful as I am an idiot! I am addicted to the white powder cocaine. I have too much to loose for this to be in my life. I am self employed and must be on top of my game all the time with work. I have been a steady user for 2years now.

There is a guy in a similar line of work as me who is at the TOP in his field. He is well educated and he's got his stick down in the business. He is a warrior! He's in his late 30s, pulling in a cool $800 big ones (at least). Guess what I just heard? He gone and gotten hooked on coke. In a matter of 6 months he's all but disappeared off the face of the earth and I was wondering what was going on with him! So sad - he was really on his way... I hope he pulls himself together soon! He really is a good guy.

Hopefully this won't be you!! I'm glad you've chosen to get sober!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

my first intervention was because of cocaine. i did the geographic/relationship/switch DOC thing.... took 22 years to finally say "enough"

NA would have been soooo worth it back then.

you CAN get 'real' energy back . and i agree with sugarbear- if you are 'maintaining' via chemicals, you might be eating up your reserves . Get a checkup.

I was 6 years clean n sober . Ran 45 guys on job sites, while i was doing a total remodel of my condo [as in i was doing 90% of the labor] , every weekend, I would take the Drifter and ride 2 hours to my other house/shop and work on building my sailboat and adding 3500 sq ft to that house . We'd usually play music 3 hours one of those evenings. And at least 2 meetings a week. I can't keep that pace anymore [i'm 60 now] but i'm saying that you can go all out w/o the chemicals...
Old 01-11-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Lightbulb quitting

My advice would be not to try and quit cold turkey or you will have such harsh withdrawl symptoms that you will have to use again. Even medical professionals never advise quitting cold turkey after being prescribed medications for anxiety and such. You should half youre dose each week until you eventually are able to get by with such a low dose that you can then completely quit. Your'e body is physically addicted to it not just mentally so willpower alone is probably not enough to suddenly go cold turkey.
Hope this helps!..
PS. This post is a bit old... how are you going now? Still using?