SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 1 Sober, Help Please (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/250605-day-1-sober-help-please.html)

Sunshine06 03-05-2012 06:56 AM

Day 1 Sober, Help Please

Day 1 sober, I have been abusing the drug Oxycodone 15mg three times a day for 4 years now...It is time to stop. Party is over. Any suggestions on what I can do to help with the withdrawal symptoms.

Thanks

sober4metoday 03-05-2012 06:59 AM

Congrats on getting sober. I don't have experience with pain pill withdrawal but others do and hopefully they're online to share their experience/advice. I wish you the best! :)

Sunshine06 03-05-2012 07:05 AM

Thank you very much:thanks

Sapling 03-05-2012 07:07 AM

Welcome...I would definitely talk with your doctor...Be truthful about what you have been taking and see about detoxing from that safely...Then look into some kind of support program to assist you when you've cleared up..

Sunshine06 03-05-2012 07:14 AM

I saw my doctor on Friday...we tapered (quick taper over the weekend). He said it will last about three days. I got addicted to it from taking it for my MS. and then started abusing it, running out early, etc. I dont want to live like that. I have a little boy who needs me, a job, etc. He told me the best way is to just do it.. that it will last 3-5 days and feel like I have the flu. I am just really scared

Sapling 03-05-2012 07:23 AM

I have friends that have recovered with NA...I don't know if you are open to that or not...I've seen it work for people.

Sunshine06 03-05-2012 07:49 AM

I looked up their information an a few different meeting times and locations. My mom is going to go with me.

Thanks

Sapling 03-05-2012 07:51 AM

I wish you a great meeting...Just relax and listen..If you want to share...Share..If you don't...Just take it in. I hope you enjoy it..

stillsleeping 03-05-2012 07:53 AM

Hi Sunshine ... nice name by the way :)

Drop BadHabit a line - you can leave a message on his blog. He just went through a similar thing and might have some words for you...

Hope you're okay,

Still
xxxx

Dee74 03-05-2012 12:34 PM

welcome to SR sunshine :)
I think you're making some great decisions :)

we also have a substance abuse forum you may be interested in
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D

eh1988 03-05-2012 01:20 PM

You are taking a big step in the right direction. Congratulations! I don't have experience with pain killers but I can only imagine how hard it must be. Just get through this day, take it hour by hour if you have to! Best of luck and welcome to SR!

ozzy66 03-05-2012 01:49 PM

I don't know what your work situation is,but when I stopped taking them I could barely get of bed for a couple of days and had to call in sick.

jocata 03-05-2012 03:08 PM

I abused oxys for some time. I couldn't taper, so I just went cold turkey. Not fun. The reason I couldn't taper was because I just couldn't control myself. So I just bit the bullet. I probably should have seen a doc, but I didn't. Everyone is different, but the worst part was the first 7 to 10 days. No sleep, depression, anxiety, nausea, headaches, bodyaches, diarrhea, so on and so on.

Don't be afraid to get help with a recovery program.

God bless.