SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Thanks to the people who were there for me (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/250485-thanks-people-who-were-there-me.html)

Anewlife4me11 03-03-2012 04:57 PM

Thanks to the people who were there for me

Leaving this site because too many people are jerks and dont remember how it was in the beginning...thanks to my support system:thanks

debsam 03-03-2012 05:07 PM

That's really a shame. We're always here, if you change your mind.

ARTEMIS 03-03-2012 05:07 PM

Newlife-

I am sorry that anyone was mean or rude to you. Please trust me when I say
most people here are really kind and helpful.

This is a great site for support and info.

Please dont leave. Come to chat and I will introduce you to some really nice people!

Thanks,
Art

recoverywfaith 03-03-2012 05:11 PM

I am sorry you have experienced hardship and hope you kind find it in your heart to stay at SR.

LosingmyMisery 03-03-2012 05:15 PM

Come on, stick around. I think you will find more good than bad. Hey, if I let rude people chase me away from everything I wanted or needed. Well...you get the point. I sincerely hope you change your mind.

Hevyn 03-03-2012 05:15 PM

Newlife, I hope you'll reconsider - or come back at some point in the future. I've been here over 4 yrs. & the vast majority of members are non-judgmental & kind.

Purplecatlover 03-03-2012 05:24 PM

Please don't leave! There are jerks everywhere.
Just take what you need & walk away from others.

People have rubbed me the wrong way & in time, I learned more about them & their experiences. I ended up liking them. I'm sure everyone here means well but they come across too strong, etc.
And we are all broken humans.
No one is perfect, there is no utopia.
You have to learn to accept differences of opinion.
Each is entitled. Some just are better with tact.
I hope you'll stay. This is an awesome place to be, 99% of the time.

ANEWAUGUST 03-03-2012 05:39 PM

This site is a supportive group of people sharing their journey.

Just as in any group, some try to solve a problem one way, others may have a different approach. That doesn't mean one is right, and the other is wrong, they are just different.

When I was newly sober, I felt raw and exposed. Every nerve ending felt as though it were on fire. Someone could post something that would send me reeling.

However, with time, I began to heal. I began to grow some skin over the fresh wounds of sobriety.

I learned, and continued to learn so much from the way others approach a problem. I had to open my mind to new ways and ideas.

After all, my ideas had kept me drunk :)

newleaves2012 03-03-2012 05:56 PM

hey, main thing is your sobriety. sorry for your bad experiences here. even if you don't post or anything send me a pm if you are ever in need of someone to talk to.

sober4metoday 03-03-2012 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Anewlife4me11 (Post 3306201)
Leaving this site because too many people are jerks and dont remember how it was in the beginning...thanks to my support system:thanks

I was following your posts and enjoyed interacting with you!!! I wish you would reconsider. :( The only thing I can tell you is that we all wish for sobriety not only for ourselves but for everyone - even if it might not sound that way at times.