Notices

Here we go again.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Usually when I took offense at a suggestion, it was because I actually was hearing what I needed to hear.

Since I am back in AA, "coming back" for the umpteenth time in the past couple years, I have been treated to some pretty daymned tough love.

I can feel the hair begin to stand up on the back of my neck from time to time, but you know, they are 100% right.

My own thinking got me here in the first place.

Pretty simple.

Rex
Old 03-02-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope you'll stick around

Everyone here really is trying to help and share what's worked for them - but you're under no obligation to follow any particular way or method, or do anything you don't want to do

I'd like to think our members know when to back off too.

The ignore function can be useful if you're feeling vulnerable
& If you're into secular approaches (non HP) you might find this forum interesting
I figured I owe you a responce Dee, you seem like a very nice person and from what I have seen treated everyone with a warm welcome and respect. That forum you posted looks good, thanks for the link. I`ll definately think about using it
Old 03-02-2012, 09:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rexfiles View Post
Usually when I took offense at a suggestion, it was because I actually was hearing what I needed to hear.

Since I am back in AA, "coming back" for the umpteenth time in the past couple years, I have been treated to some pretty daymned tough love.

I can feel the hair begin to stand up on the back of my neck from time to time, but you know, they are 100% right.

My own thinking got me here in the first place.

Pretty simple.

Rex
I wasn't taking offence, when its lumped down my throat three times after initially being nice and declining the suggestion is when it annoys me, learn to back off.

Also on them being 100% right, that is your opinion of them, I have my own opinion, thats the beauty of life.

This thread has run its course now. G'nite everyone
Old 03-02-2012, 10:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think we'll take that cue.

D