Notices

This sucks :(

Old 02-29-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

This sucks :(

Just found out today that my alkie husband just bought a convenience store/gas station. Gas is fine but the store also sells any liquor an alkie could want. Its the closest store to our house (I used to go there for liquor but only go there now for bottled water and snacks). Adding insult to injury, he has employed as his "manager" a total a**hole (a pot smoking dumbass jerk) as his manager (this creep has a very successful restaurant here, so I can't totally say he's a loser but he's a dick and has treated me REALLY bad in the past). But this creep has turned out to be a good friend of his. Adding another insult to injury, I found out that this transaction has been in the works for the past month and I'm only finding out about it today ... when the closing is tomorrow. WTF?

Anyway ... I'm pissed. And any time I'm pissed, I want to drink. I am viewing flashbacks from last summer when I went to this a**hole's restaurant after a county fair event and he told me I was a "stupid bitch." Now he is going to be the manager of my husband's new venture. WTF.

Not sure what I'm looking for here ... maybe just a rant. I told my husband today that it was seriously ironic and dysfunctional that two alcoholics would own a convenience store that is also a liquor store. Why?! I'm not sick enough by myself without my husband owning a liquor store??? Kill me now. Please.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Must feel like heaven for your alcoholic husband if he is still drinking.

We can stay sober no matter the circumstances. Conveniance store or not. Do you have a sponsor to talk this through with and get some support how to deal with your resentments?
Old 02-29-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with you...THAT SUCKS...But you know why you stopped drinking to begin with...It's not going to help a thing...You know that...Go to a meeting...Talk to another alcoholic on the phone...Not your husband...Hang in there DS....Sh!t like this is going to happen...We have to get by it...
Old 02-29-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry DS...that's rough.
I'd be pretty mad if my wife bought something a gas station without involving me in the process too.

Just another one of those 'serenity now' lessons I guess - we can't control what other people do.

We can control what we do tho - you're justified to be feeling upset but don't let it lead you into making a decision you'll regret later...

D
Old 02-29-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I'm sorry for your situation, Desertsong. I hope you can find peace about the situation, and that you and your husband will somehow come together over it. This damn disease is hard enough with one alcoholic spouse, let alone two. I've read your other posts, and it seems you are in a clustered environment, full of alcoholics. I know you know your town better than I, but have you sought out all of the places where alcohol doesn't have a role? Maybe you could find a new outlet and develop new paradigms for your own life. For me, I had to simply say to myself, I am changing my miserable ways, no matter what has to change in my life. When I freed myself from my angst, my marriage improved.

Anyway, I hope you find the relief you are seeking, and that you will have peace.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Look at your avitar, Desertsong. See that beautiful flower thriving in extreme conditions? Keep blooming - this current load of fertilizer will make your roots even stronger.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The irony is great, and I hope the store is a success for you and your husband.

For many years I knew a lady in meetings who often worked in their liquor store to give her husband some time off. Her sobriety was solid enough it was a non-issue if she sold a bottle or a candy bar...just business.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Desertsong...I am praying for you and am so sorry about your situation.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there desertsong..I would be so upset too if someone did that to me. Hopefully the vent helped you ((hugs))
Old 02-29-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I hope venting has given you some peace. Drinking wont solve anything. It's the whole reason you are mad to begin with.
You are justified in being angry. I would be too.
But an alcoholic drinking is not justifiable by any means.
Stay strong & don't let the devil win!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That does suck.

Just keep on trucking though, that is all you can do.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

He is wanting to bring this d*ckhead home with him tonight so we can discuss our "differences" and hopefully iron them out. I guess I am okay with that. I am always willing to give someone a second chance. If we can get our differences ironed out tonight, it will go a long ways to my sobriety ... although I know my sobriety depends on ME, not on anyone else.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sorry for the double post everyone

Jessy59
Old 02-29-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I know your upset desertsong and you have every right to be.I hope things work out for you.I agree that that is not a really good idea.I hope something good happens for you because you deserve it.

Best Wishes,
Jessy59
Old 02-29-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Told my sponsor ... short phone call ... I think I disappointed her ...
Old 02-29-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by desertsong View Post
Told my sponsor ... short phone call ... I think I disappointed her ...
Why is she disappointed?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
<3 RB u saved my heart <3

ughhh desertsong that does suck. im sorry that he kept that from you.please dont take it out on yourself and drink. it wont fix anything itll just give you another reason to be upset. put yourself first please. i wish i had more advice!