SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   my second day one (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/250197-my-second-day-one.html)

MrsBrown 02-29-2012 07:26 AM

my second day one

thank you for everyone who stood by me and your kind words as i struggled through my first night of trying not to drink. it was a fail, but i did drink less than i normally would because of you guys, for what its worth.i shouldve known better to keep the last of that wine in the house it was almost like an evil security blanket.so today is my day one. im buying some chai tea(my favorite in the world) to sip on tonight to comfort me and keep my hands and lips busy while i watch my shows.it was really hard coming clean to my brother about needing a psychiatrist, he still doesnt understand the whole thing because he wasnt abused like my sister and I. nonetheless he is supportive and wants me to be well so he looked up some numbers for me.thank you for all your prayers and support.*deep breath* i can do this.day one.again.

WhySoSerious 02-29-2012 07:45 AM

Everyday is day 1. You can do it!! Remember if you have trouble staying sober for a whole day, just try to stay sober hour by hour. If thats too long take it by 30mins. I've had to break it up by episodes of the big bang theory to stay sober lol. I tried with how i met ur mother (great show btw) but the half the dang show is in a pub... totally didnt work. you can do this, ill keep u in my prayers. :)

MrsBrown 02-29-2012 07:49 AM

LOL that made me laugh cuz the big bang theory is my favorite show LOL thanks for the advice

Poodlegirl 02-29-2012 07:55 AM

Good luck MrsBrown, you can do it!

Originally Posted by WhySoSerious (Post 3301660)
I tried with how i met ur mother (great show btw) but the half the dang show is in a pub... totally didnt work.

I love that show but that drives me crazy! I watched that stupid Cougar Town show last night and Courtney Cox's character had this ridiculously huge glass of wine, I wanted to punch her in the face :lmao

sober4metoday 02-29-2012 08:17 AM

MrsBrown....take the money you would have spent on booze or at the pub and go get a manicure and/or pedicure. Do something nice for yourself! You deserve it!

Anewlife4me11 02-29-2012 08:22 AM

You can do it MrsBrown...we are here for you!!

phoebe64 02-29-2012 08:27 AM

I am back to a new day one as well.

Sigh... It was not a horrible drunken night, just polished off a bottle of wine we had here. None in the house now.

eh1988 02-29-2012 08:30 AM

Hour by hour, I like that idea. Next thing you know it'll be midnight and time for bed. Goodluck Mrs. Brown! stay strong, stay sober!

MrsBrown 02-29-2012 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by rochele (Post 3301727)
I am back to a new day one as well.

Sigh... It was not a horrible drunken night, just polished off a bottle of wine we had here. None in the house now.

none in mine either. i told my brother if he sees any alcohol in the house that is not his to pour it down the drain and dont even mention it to me

Snarf 02-29-2012 08:40 AM

It may be your second Day 1, but it can also be your last. Wouldn't that be great, to never have another Day 1 after this? To always count the days moving forward and never have to go back to the beginning? That can be your reality, and it can be awesome.

MrsBrown 02-29-2012 08:44 AM

you are soooooooooo right snarf. i am trying to get rid of that "only on my birthday" "only on new years eve" it hasnt clicked in my head yet that theres no safe date or a safe amount of alcohol. i know it needs to click it just hasnt settled in yet and im just glad that im aware of it

Dee74 02-29-2012 12:28 PM

welcome back MrsBrown and rochelle :)

D

Snarf 02-29-2012 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by MrsBrown (Post 3301769)
you are soooooooooo right snarf. i am trying to get rid of that "only on my birthday" "only on new years eve" it hasnt clicked in my head yet that theres no safe date or a safe amount of alcohol. i know it needs to click it just hasnt settled in yet and im just glad that im aware of it

I am well familiar with those thoughts. We sometimes get the idea that we can indulge on certain "holidays." Unfortunately for us, consequences and pain and heartache don't observe those holidays.

2granddaughters 02-29-2012 01:21 PM

MrsBrown, are you going to AA meetings in VA?

Wishing you the best.

Bob R

sober4metoday 02-29-2012 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by MrsBrown (Post 3301769)
i am trying to get rid of that "only on my birthday" "only on new years eve" it hasnt clicked in my head yet that theres no safe date or a safe amount of alcohol. i know it needs to click it just hasnt settled in yet and im just glad that im aware of it

Only on my birthdays turns into Only on the holidays turns into Only on the weekends turns into Only days that end in Y.

It's time to quit and the time is now! :)

MrsBrown 02-29-2012 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters (Post 3302110)
MrsBrown, are you going to AA meetings in VA?

Wishing you the best.

Bob R

no i am not unfortunately i am not able to go anywhere in this area without running into people i know constantly, and everyone tells everyone else's business. there are a lot of drinkers in this area and im almost 100% sure if i go to AA here that there will be people i dont want to see in there.Ive had 3 different men in this area try and follow me home from work, so im not comfortable going anywhere around here. this is partially why we are moving away this summer. I'm hoping between my several times a day on here and my fiance/brothers support that I wont need to go to AA. oddly enough,after my slip last night i dont even have the desire to drink tonight.I waited for my doctor to call me back today because the warnings on my anxiety meds say to not stop drinking alcohol suddenly as it can increase your risk for seizures. she never called me back today so i started looking it up online and i am on a lower than usual dose so im hoping me stopping is going to be nothing but beneficial to me.i made my brother aware of this situation so he can check on me just in case. i hope she calls me back tomorrow but thank God i just dont even have the desire to drink tonight. a tiny victory is better than nothing i guess

MrsBrown 02-29-2012 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by sober4metoday (Post 3302502)
Only on my birthdays turns into Only on the holidays turns into Only on the weekends turns into Only days that end in Y.

It's time to quit and the time is now! :)

i know it sober im not gonna let my booze brain fool me into thinking any is okay. i know its never gonna be okay. its never gonna be enough if i have even if i say im just gonna have a little bit

Sapling 02-29-2012 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by MrsBrown (Post 3302506)
there are a lot of drinkers in this area and im almost 100% sure if i go to AA here that there will be people i dont want to see in there.

Why don't you want to see them there Mrs. Brown?....You don't want to see people trying to stop drinking alcohol for good?

sober4metoday 02-29-2012 06:19 PM

^^I can understand that it could be embarrassing at first. It's going to be tough but, yes, at least anyone she knows there will be there for the same reason.

Don't let that hold you back MrsBrown! You do what you have to do! I believe in you!

chicory 02-29-2012 06:24 PM

one little victory after another, will lead you to success.
Glad you are with us again, on your second day one. I really feel sad when someone posts and we never hear from them again, so just keep doing what you must do , replace bad choices with good choices, one choice at a time:)
People DO recover!!!

hugs
chicory