Notices

Leap Day

Old 02-28-2012, 11:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Leap Day

It's now Feb. 29 in most of the world. What a great day for someone to make their Day 1.

I mean, it's a free day. Out of nowhere. Poof, here you go—have an extra day, courtesy of Julius Caesar. How can you let that go to waste?

Also, if you get sober on Feb. 29, you can celebrate your anniversary on Feb. 28. Technically I think that still works out to be 365 days, but it will feel like you're taking a shortcut. Or you can be super badass and say, "No thanks, I prefer to celebrate on March 1." The point is you get to decide, and can even alternate dates if you want, while I'm stuck with the same old boring December 19 anniversary year after year for the rest of my life. It's pretty unfair when you think about it.

And finally, it's called Leap Day. Hello? If you've been waiting for some kind of sign, they don't come any clearer than that. It's printed right there on your freakin' calendar.

Take. The. Leap.

You'll be glad you did.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MINEr

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
Or you can be super badass and say, "No thanks, I prefer to celebrate on March 1."

Or you can be a super uber badass and collect your one year chip on the 29th, after four years.

Great thought and great post, thanks.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Or you can be a super uber badass and collect your one year chip on the 29th, after four years.

D
Old 02-28-2012, 11:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

R&A is right. If any of you out there are reading this and thinking about quitting, there is no time like the present Think about how good you'd feel if you could get that monkey off your back for ever. What would you do? Who would you be? What kind of life would you have? It's all within your reach.

Originally Posted by camedown View Post
LOL!!