Notices

p r o c r a s t i n a t i o n

Old 02-28-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
<3 RB u saved my heart <3

Question p r o c r a s t i n a t i o n

UGH!! there is not a day that goes by where i dont procrastinate in some way. I make lists, I set goals, but there are soooo many things going on right now that I usually cave into anxiety and stop doing anything. Its even worse when I have to work because im too exhausted to do anything at all when i get home. I already take medication for anxiety so im at a loss as to what the heck its gonna take to make me feel motivated! i tried telling myself "nothing to it but to do it" and baby steps and all this other mess but the list of things to do just never ends and it is making me feel like im gonna lose my mind dealing with recovering from a car accident(someone smashed in the side of me), losing my job of 6 years because of it, and my fiance going to jail for something that wasnt his fault.plus my brother is selling the house we live in and wants to move and I have no money.i cant concentrate on anything that feels like work what the hell is wrong with me
Old 02-28-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrsBrown View Post
UGH!! there is not a day that goes by where i dont procrastinate in some way. I make lists, I set goals, but there are soooo many things going on right now that I usually cave into anxiety and stop doing anything. Its even worse when I have to work because im too exhausted to do anything at all when i get home. I already take medication for anxiety so im at a loss as to what the heck its gonna take to make me feel motivated! i tried telling myself "nothing to it but to do it" and baby steps and all this other mess but the list of things to do just never ends and it is making me feel like im gonna lose my mind:indiffere dealing with recovering from a car accident(someone smashed in the side of me), losing my job of 6 years because of it, and my fiance going to jail for something that wasnt his fault.plus my brother is selling the house we live in and wants to move and I have no money.i cant concentrate on anything that feels like work what the hell is wrong with me
It's called LIFE Mrs. Brown...And drinking won't make any of it any easier...Here's an idea....Make smaller lists...Make yourself a list of 4 things you need to do today...(You know you can accomplish...)....Get them done....And reward yourself with something nice.....Tomorrow...Do the same thing...Pretty soon...You'll be caught up....And sober.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

can't change everything all at once and over night, slowly rebuild and reincorporate small habits until they become natural, then repeat. It isn't easy, it's very hard but it can be done.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

Make a manageable list for today - maybe two or three things. Do the same for tomorrow and the next day... little by little you'll get through it. The key is to start doing something.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
<3 RB u saved my heart <3

thank you guys. ill do that in the morning. ill make a small list from the big list.ugh,i can do this.chip away at it
Old 02-28-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't forget to give yourself something nice...Even if it's just a pat on the back.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

great ideas here. I feel the same way sometimes. Life can be overwhelming, but you can do it. One thing at a time.