Notices

I suck

Old 02-25-2012, 11:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I suck

I drank tonight...not alot ...but shouldn't of had any!!! Tomorrow is a new day!!! Totally beating myself up! I am such a loser...can't stop crying
Old 02-26-2012, 12:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cryings OK...Beating yourself up gets you nowhere....What are you going to do today to stop drinking for good?
Old 02-26-2012, 12:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey dude. I'm really impressed you didn't drink a lot. When I drink, I still drink a lot. Cry it out and start again but don't beat yourself up,okay? It's a really beautiful morning over here, sun rising over the sea, clear cold sky, a good day to be sober. Good luck xxxx
Old 02-26-2012, 12:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Trying trying trying to be ok!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What are you trying?.....Because it doesn't sound like it's working.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sapling's got a good point, hon. It's about twelve-thirty over there, right? Why don't you start thinking about what you're going to to do tomorrow? It helps me to get it straight in my head and write it down. Then I don't have that panic in the morning when I wake up wanting a beer before I've even got out of bed.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cry is normal and there always a new day. Try not to drink alcohol.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow I think I'm gonna look for other support... The holier than thow crap on here makes me feel like crap...good luck all!!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Holier than thou? I got drunk last night and will probably get drunk today. Not holy. Not holy at all. But you sounded like you want to clean up, and it's helped me in the past. Didn't mean to bug you out. Good luck xxxx
Old 02-26-2012, 01:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stillsleeping it wasn't directed at u !! Good luck!!
Old 02-26-2012, 01:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

xx
Old 02-26-2012, 01:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Anewlife4me11 we are only trying to help you. I went on a 7 day bender and now I'm detoxing myself. I'm not holier then anyone else here.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yeah, I saw your post, Act1on. Keep drinking the OJ xxx
Old 02-26-2012, 01:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

If it's directed at me...I'll ask you again...What are you trying?
Old 02-26-2012, 01:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi anewlife

Everyone's been where you are right now - none of us are saints - none of us have all the answers and noone's better than anyone else

Whats done is done though - don't beat yourself up. That's wasted energy.

Use that energy to think about what else you can do - what can you add to what you've been doing?

Glad you're back with us

D
Old 02-26-2012, 01:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well.. Ill take a stab at this..

Clearly the original poster was looking for some type of reassurance with this thread. Its titled "I suck" and he or she is calling themselves a loser point blank right from the get go.

If I were to guess this person was looking for "Its gonna be ok's" or something to that effect.

My best guess is this person might not be ready to let go yet. Its quite clear he or she is judging your posts to quickly, and they are not fitting in to what he or she want to hear. Your all alcoholics! You remember being stubborn don't ya? I sure do Hell, when I first got here, half the stuff you guys put in my head I didnt like. I knew it was the truth, but I sure didnt like what I was hearing! But thats all part of letting go, and allowing others to help guide you. Because if anythings for certain, we can't go at this alone. That's in stone people!

I'd also like to add I really doubt you will find better support online. This place is internationally globally connected with so many different people from didn't walks of life. Hell, do a Google search on anything related to alcohol addiction, and your guaranteed to find a thread from this website. The diversity here is amazing. You should also take that into account when getting replies from others. You might not always see eye to eye with someone simply because they live in a completely different part of the world, and their ways of doing things may be different than yours. But we all do share the same universal common bond of addiction, and this allows us to at least relate at some level.

Well thats it from me

Hope you find your way my friend! I know there are thousands of people here who can relate to you more than you may know.

-Ryan
Old 02-26-2012, 02:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Nice. I wish I was that wise.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

I don't think anyone here is holier than thou. We're alcoholics. But some are further along on this journey than others and do have a lot of great advice and suggestions if we're willing to listen. The folks here have certainly helped me on my journey in spite of my own slip-ups and have helped me to see where I have failed in the past. I'm definitely not perfect and I know I never will be, but I'm just trying to do my best and to give help where I can.

The great thing is that if you wake up in the morning and there's breath in your body, you have an amazing opportunity to try again. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow isn't here yet, but you do have today and what you choose to do with it is up to you. The only failure is in not trying again when you've been given that chance. We're with you!
Old 02-26-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

Originally Posted by Anewlife4me11 View Post
Wow I think I'm gonna look for other support... The holier than thow crap on here makes me feel like crap...good luck all!!
Just because some aren't candy coating comments doesn't mean they are intending to come across this way. We're all emotional creatures (assuming most of us posting at the moment are ladies) and, unfortunately, posts are one-dimensional so chi-chi-chillllll. Take a deep breath. We are all in the boat here so even though you may not like what you read the intent behind the posts always good intentioned. We all know that feeling of hopelessness, despair, guilt, sickness, etc etc etc.... It's UGLY. yuck. But, it doesn't have to be that way for any of us. So, none of this pitty party! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and jump back on the wagon with the rest of us! We've got plenty of room!

That being said! I'm a binge drinker - nice to meet you! And, although I'm sure you didn't intend for your user name to be funny, I keep reading "A new wife 4 me". lol