Notices

a newbie looking for the right direction

Old 02-25-2012, 09:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a newbie looking for the right direction

my names josh im 28 1/2 yrs old ..im and aspiring actor ..and currently for the last 5 years ive been on and off with ciggarettes and booze..i was having issues with qutting both in the past..i could quit the ciggs ..but id just fall back on the booze..and vice versa..this all stemmed from my college days ..i did alot of parting and drinking.then i met my g/f we were on and off for two years ..then when i lost her i started to become more secluded and started drinking more to deal with life ..

Now im starting anew ..just started a new job..starting to get back into the swing of .being proactiv as far as my acting aspirations are concerned..one thing that keeps gettin in the way is the withdrawals..ive gone a total of 25 days without booze ..ive relapsed twice ....im definetly making a far better improvement then i have in recent years to quit

i few things im trying to deal with is the foggy headedness in the morning ..anyone ever feel that..its similar to what you feel when your hung over....i been getting it even since i quit drinking..during the day sometimes ill get the groggyness it'll feel like ..im crashing off caffeine
even though i stay away from it..is this normal?? are their ways to counter react?
Old 02-25-2012, 09:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Josh

It's very normal...& it usually goes away after some weeks...I think it's mind and body healing...it takes what it takes y'know?

I don't know any ways to short cut the process tho sorry

D
Old 02-25-2012, 09:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome ressurectJ!

I had brain fog for a while, too, just a hard time remembering things or feeling "present" - it got a little better every day. Apparently, changes can still happen up to a year or even two, and I'd have to say that I found that to be true. Are you taking vitamins? (alcohol creates deficiencies - especially folic acid and the other B vitamins).

Glad you've joined us - I couldn't stay sober without support and this place is great for that!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for the support

thank you all for your support ..it hasnt been easy for me as im sure it hasnt been easy for any of you on here ..but im so ready to drop this habit .i cant take it no more ..i used to drink big time in my school years including college mainly socially and for fun..then once i got into the work force it was more about routine ..come home from work ..have a few brewski's call it a night..
then when the weekend would come around id raise hell ..
@ artsoul..thats where im at now ..i experience the brain fogg and find it difficult to to be present in the moment ..which isnt good when your trying to follow the career path of being and actor/artist...you need to learn how to be present ..in the moment ..
I'll even experience fatigue its like the feeling you get right around bedtime when you know you need to sleep..but ill get this during the day .

the main reaction is the constant yawning..the more i yawn the more groggy and fog headed i feel.
Should i just embrace it ?..or is there certain things i can take to to lessin the affects ?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey ressurectJ....How long have you been not drinking?
Old 02-26-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

^ i started to stop on Jan 25th ..yesterday made that a month .but ive relapsed 5x's soo 25day's..why?
Old 02-26-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just saw what your symptoms were...Foggy headed...Groggy..I didn't know how long you have been stopped...I would say for that time....I was about the same....It takes a little time to undo what we've done to ourselves.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Josh - great to have you with us. Like the others, I had a strange out-of-it feeling for a couple of months. After all we've done to ourselves, our bodies & minds need chance to heal. I went through many phases as the fog lifted. What you're feeling is normal, & you're not alone.

Congratulations on wanting a better life - you can do this. We're glad you're here, Josh.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

when is the last time you used?