Notices

Hello again...

Old 02-28-2012, 05:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by langkah View Post
If the AAs got a better deal on renting the back room of a pool hall than they do from whatever church cuts them a deal, then they'd be at the pool hall.

But you know how it is, some people won't darken the door of a pool hall, so a few who need a solution for their inability to stay sober would use that to exclude themselves.
Yeah, I totally wouldn't go to a meeting there. lol. Church isn't somewhere I've been fond of going either but at least I feel safe there, meaning I know my anonymity is protected. You never know who you'll see other places.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I was incorrect in regard to my ability to sleep. I was able to fall asleep, but had the horrible nightmares and woke up every hour or so...exactly what I was trying to avoid.

I did wake up this morning with a small sense of pride, though. Small...being larger than none.

I had a good day at work and followed the same routine as yesterday. I am now totally exhausted.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Why not look into some of the methods you can accomplish without leaving your room at all?

Do a search for 'how to stop drinking' and choose something that appeals to you off the large list that doesn't ask you to send in any money, and see how it goes for you.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by DJD88 View Post
I was incorrect in regard to my ability to sleep. I was able to fall asleep, but had the horrible nightmares and woke up every hour or so...exactly what I was trying to avoid.

I did wake up this morning with a small sense of pride, though. Small...being larger than none.

I had a good day at work and followed the same routine as yesterday. I am now totally exhausted.
the nightmares will continue for a little while, i had them for at least a month but they were less and less frequent as the days went by. Keep going strong.