Notices

Hello everybody

Old 02-25-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

I'm always here for you! You can private message me any time....click on my name and then hit send a private message to stepping.
I was so scared too and still am....each day is a challenge...some harder than other but WE CAN DO THIS together We just have to learn to live life on it's terms.

PS Your english sounds great to me. It's better than a lot of my ex american boyfriends hahahahahaha!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sober4metoday View Post
If it's any consolation, I would drink "normally" out in pubic - dinner with friends, a drinky-poo at happy hour, etc. etc... but unbeknownst to my friends or boyfriend, that was all a part of my evil plan! Appear NORMAL. They had no idea what I did when I left their site afterwards. I was all about lying and hiding!
So I'm not the only one, I had the same "evil plan" (LOL) I was also drinking normally in front of people...
Old 02-25-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Sober and alb - that was me too!!! I could go out and act like I had control and have 2 beers or 1 glass of wine. Then say I'm done for the night, tired and can you please take me home...

Little did anyone know that when I went home alone I would slam a 6 pack or a bottle of wine.... and sometimes both. ugh!!! I was a MESS and a half; all I cared about was drinking!!! No more!!
Old 02-25-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Glad you're here. Your children are going to unknowingly be very happy to not come from an alcoholic home.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, stick around this site can really help!
Old 02-27-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

5th day and feeling good. I think I never got that far in the last 10 years. Only 5 days but it seems like a lot.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

It is a lot...Great job...Start thinking of some kind of plan you might want to use to help you along the way...You're doing good.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

So, It's two weeks that I decided to quit. And 2 days ago I drank a beer. Just one, one beer. I got upset with a friend and I couldn't wait to get home and open that damn beer. I opened it and I drank it. the weird thing, I only drank one.(two weeks ago I would have drank 1 plus 3, minimum, and after the 1st one nobody could have stop me) And yesterday I arrived home from work and I drank another beer. Only one. Today here I am, didn't drink anything. I don't know what's wrong with me. I know quitting means NO drinking at all, it doesn't mean drinking only a little bit. After this episode of drinking one beer (I still can't get over it, so moderate for my standards) I wouldn't like to be fooled into thinking that I can drink once in a while and everything is going to be ok. I guess I just need somebody to tell me what I already know...
Old 03-07-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

So, It's two weeks that I decided to quit. And 2 days ago I drank a beer. Just one, one beer. I got upset with a friend and I couldn't wait to get home and open that damn beer. I opened it and I drank it. the weird thing, I only drank one.(two weeks ago I would have drank 1 plus 3, minimum, and after the 1st one nobody could have stop me) And yesterday I arrived home from work and I drank another beer. Only one. Today here I am, didn't drink anything. I don't know what's wrong with me. I know quitting means NO drinking at all, it doesn't mean drinking only a little bit. After this episode of drinking one beer (I still can't get over it, so moderate for my standards) I wouldn't like to be fooled into thinking that I can drink once in a while and everything is going to be ok. I guess I just need somebody to tell me what I already know...
Old 03-07-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

What do you want to hear?....You're a normal drinker now?...You ain't gonna hear it from me....How's that recovery plan working for you....Because the one you have now is a disaster waiting to happen....
Old 03-08-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by albatulipan View Post

First welcome to the community.

Second, don't panic! We have all gone through this same exact thing. We kid ourselves into thinking we can once again become normal drinkers, but if you are truly an alcoholic, this just is not possible. Your brain may tell you no, but your body will always demand more.

I have to agree with sapling on this one, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck.... In other words if you think you have a problem, and your behavior agrees with that, then you should seek help.