Notices

hi my name is jason

Old 02-24-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi my name is jason

Hi, I'm new here so I figured I'd say hello. I'm 26 and I'm a recovering alcoholic; my sobriety date is 10/12/11, I'm looking forward to learning a lot here and gaining some tools to help me continue staying sober.
Thanks!!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Jason...Congrats on your time...It's a great place to hang out...What keeps you sober?
Old 02-24-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Jason,
welcome
Old 02-24-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Jason! Glad you found us. I was so happy when I came here - I wasn't alone anymore.

Congratulations on your 4+ months. It's great you saw what needed to be done at a young age - wish I had.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Man.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Welcome Jason...Congrats on your time...It's a great place to hang out...What keeps you sober?
Daily exercise helps keep me sober/sane along with support from my mom (she is also a recovering alcoholic who has been sober for 8 years) and support from my therapist. I go to AA meetings occasionally (usually once a week) and my therapist has told me that I need to find a sponsor so I'm going to try and find one soon. It has been a difficult road so far, I have tried to quit unsuccessfully numerous times only to end up back where I started. This is the longest I've ever been sober so I'm looking to get some support to help me continue
Old 02-24-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you Jason...I'd listen to your therapist...Meetings are great...Getting a sponsor to take you through the steps is where it's at....It worked for me. That's great your mom has 8 years...Is she in AA too?....That would be great support. A lot of good people here that know the program as well...Look forward to hearing how you are doing on your journey. This is a great site.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR wookie

D
Old 02-24-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Welcome to SR! I'm 26 too, sober since 4/12/11. Congrats on your sober time, keep it up!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Good for you Jason...I'd listen to your therapist...Meetings are great...Getting a sponsor to take you through the steps is where it's at....It worked for me. That's great your mom has 8 years...Is she in AA too?....That would be great support. A lot of good people here that know the program as well...Look forward to hearing how you are doing on your journey. This is a great site.
Yes she is still in AA, I'm not sure how often she attends meetings these days though. I'm going to try and go to a meeting this weekend, hopefully I can muster up enough courage to ask someone to sponsor me. I really don't like talking at meetings; I got called on to introduce myself one time and I got really nervous/uncomfortable. How do I find the right person to sponsor me? My therapist recommended only asking someone with a few years of sobriety.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey...8 years...That's her call. Check out this site....This should help you a bit..

Your First AA Meeting<

Just be strong Jason...This is your life your fighting for here...You can do this.