Notices

Day Six and Facing Friday

Old 02-24-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I guess we both need to do what it takes. I guess I could do the dishes...home is a safe place for me. After a near fatal binge last year I have no alcohol in the house. See, I can be taught
Old 02-24-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober Sailor

Yeah, the fatal binge thing is why I am here in the first place. Lucky I didn't end up in a hospital and only ended up with 3 days of physical WD. I considered it a sign that I needed to change.
Enough about that, though. I don't have alcohol at my house either. Stopped keeping it there for about 6 months now. It's the urge that is strongest there though. I could distract myself with a movie or some TV, I would like to sleep in my own bed, lol. Ship rack is kinda tiny. Or pick my guitar back up... Been neglecting her for too long.
You should watch your favorite movie, or start/finish something you have always wanted to do. A hobby will be a great way to distract you from temptation and from work.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This will be my first weekend after coming out of detox. Today has been horrible but got through it. hoping tommorow will be better. x
Old 02-24-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Early on I had to hit a meeting on my way home. My sponsor also had me join the AA speakers forum at a treatment center.

But do you know what make me really happy? Reeses Peanut butter cup ice cream!

The another night I realized I actually said "Thank you" out loud to my empty bowl! Yep, it was that good.

Good luck tonight. I know it's hard. Food celebrations are a really good way to go. They will keep your blood sugar stable, stomach full, and tongue busy if you use nice spices.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Peeked in the chat room and saw you there! Hope it's a good meeting.

Glad your horse has a warm blanket and glad you have a warm bed.

Welcome Sharzy and wishing you a good night and a good tomorrow. Glad you are here on SR.

********{SR Strength Vibes to All Who Need Them}}}}}

Off to bed with me!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

hope you had a great night away from the alcohol...spending mine on this site reading posts staying away from the booze