Notices

Desperate for Help...

Old 02-23-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

No no i get it I do- why do u think i am so worried.... I am going to try and get some sleep now. I am hoping I will wake in the morning, and not in the middle of the night craving a drink, w/ this same fire in my belly you guys have made me feel.

I am excited for the start of a new day and I will definately be on the lookout for signs of withdrawals and call 911 asap if I need to. I think my friend will be checking in on me too even though she lives 45 miles away.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
~sb

I don't know any doctor that would suggest benzos and drinking. Start eating more and drinking less.

Go to the ER for detox then get to AA. It's free.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

real quick- can you guys tell me signs to watch out for on the seizure part so maybe I can call 911 before too late and what to do???? thank you!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Also just steps like getting pedialyte (V8 is really good for electrolytes too) or something to try to do damage control on how dehydrated you are. Soups, something if you can...scary when the major intake is just mainly alcohol (that was kinda my mo too)
Old 02-23-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Let us know how it goes tomorrow. Oh, and welcome to SR
Old 02-23-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

thank you and a quick PM to you...
Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

On calling 911 ... if you feel ANYTHING you can't handle. ANYTHING that makes you feel a sense of doom or makes you scared. It doesn't matter if it's "relevant." If you start feeling things that scare you ... no matter WHAT they are ... make that call. Better safe than sorry.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Virgochic
real quick- can you guys tell me signs to watch out for on the seizure part so maybe I can call 911 before too late and what to do????
There won't necesarily be any signs, you could just keel over, have a seizure, and die. Or it could be a heart attack from lack of potassium and magnesium, or it could be a stroke from high blood pressure. All these things can happen to a severe alcoholic coming off a binge like I was, and any of them can be fatal.

Go to the ER and detox. They will monitor your vitals, give you high BP and anti-seizure meds, etc. They will bill you. Pay them the half the amount per month that you spent on booze. Win-win-win: a) you get through detox b) hospital gets paid and c) you have more money each month.