SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Newbie on board (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/249571-newbie-board.html)

Lunagirl 02-22-2012 01:31 PM

Newbie on board

I've been reading for a days before I decided to write. There truly have been inspiring postings, that have motivated me even more to finally kick this pill addiction (opiates) that have taken hold of my life, my marriage, and my soul. I can't take the lies and constant mind consuming hold they have on me. I am at a crossroads, and have decided, well to be honest got caught by hubby(who by the way said he could have forgiven the slip with the pills but he can't take the lies anymore) that enough is enough. It's day 2 off of oxy. After almost 5 years of on and hardly ever off. I've kicked before a year and half ago, but never got proper recovery help. I need to talk to people who have been down the same ruinous road. I saw my counselor last night and she gave me info for outpatient recovery. I go on Monday morning. I honestly don't want to use, I just am so tired of the lying, manipulative person these little pills have made me. I want my husband and marriage back, and most importantly me. I look forward to sharing this journey with everyone here, I've never talked with any "sobers" only other users who of course aren't addicts either(read with sarcasm, please)Seriously though reading others struggles and the overcoming of those struggles gives me hope and for that I want to say thank you. I am also looking at going to my first NA meeting:grouphug:

Scolova 02-22-2012 01:41 PM

Welcome Luna, hope you can get to the meeting and really work on your recovery. I was a drinker and it took me down pretty low, but I'm getting a little better every day\week.

JohnnyDetox 02-22-2012 01:44 PM

Hang in there...it gets better.

Lunagirl 02-22-2012 01:49 PM

It's scary and feels like **** right now, but I want this so badly, no more kidding myself. I appreciate the welcome.

Sapling 02-22-2012 01:56 PM

You're doing the right things lunagirl...Good for you...There is a ton of support here...Use it.....I think we'd all love to take that journey with you. Welcome.

Dee74 02-22-2012 02:30 PM

Welcome to SR Luna

You'll find a lot of good ideas and encouragement here :)

You might also want to check out our substance abuse forum too:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D

Hevyn 02-22-2012 02:45 PM

Hi Luna! We all understand how you feel - you aren't alone anymore. I'm sure you'll be so relieved to be free of the pills - you sound ready to do this. Congratulations on your decision.

CaiHong 02-22-2012 03:11 PM

Hi and welcome Luna,

I hope you find the support you need at the meeting.

All the best Caihong

Lunagirl 02-22-2012 03:50 PM

Thanks again to everyone, knowing you all are here really makes a difference.I find immense Inspiration in all of you. Will be going to my first meeting tomorrow.

Sapling 02-22-2012 03:59 PM

That's awesome....My first meeting left me feeling so much HOPE.....I was getting to the point I didn't have much of that. It's nice to be around people that understand and want to get better.

MsJax 02-22-2012 04:08 PM

Welcome (((Luna))). Addiction does make us dishonest & manipulative :(. Being clean & sober is very cleansing. Hope you read & post lots, this site helps me every day :)

Anna 02-22-2012 04:16 PM

Hi Luna and Welcome,

I'm glad you found us and I can relate to the frustration that I hear in your post. I was so tired of lying and sneaking and manipulating my way through each day, it was really a relief to stop drinking finally.

I hope you continue to read and post.

Missy7 02-22-2012 07:07 PM

Welcome to SR Luna. Let us know how you are.

pmxellos 02-22-2012 07:14 PM

Pop into chat now and then and say hi!