Notices

Day one a failure

Old 02-23-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good luck owington.

God bless.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks to you all for your supportive words. Well Im back from work and havent brought any alcohol home, so thats a good start. Cant say I feel great and had to fight the urge to stop on the way home. Still no letter from the doctors so tomorrow I think I may give AA a ring and see if theres anything going on near me. Got the feeling its going to be a long night.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Why is everthing tomorrow with you owington?...Do you have an answer for that?
Old 02-23-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I just dont feel comfortable with the idea of group meetings. I know it sounds like another excuse and it probably is. Ive read a few threads from people that havent had great experiences and thats put me off a little. Im going to have a look at their website now though and maybe make that call. You are totally right, everything is always tomorrow and has been for a while.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by owington View Post
I just dont feel comfortable with the idea of group meetings. I know it sounds like another excuse and it probably is. Ive read a few threads from people that havent had great experiences and thats put me off a little. Im going to have a look at their website now though and maybe make that call. You are totally right, everything is always tomorrow and has been for a while.
You know...I wish I could come over to England and take you by the hand and bring you to a meeting Owington...But I can't. You have a couple choices here man...This ain't a game...You can either GROW UP...And take yourself to a meeting....Today or tonight..Make some kind of attempt at getting rid of something that to me...Sounds like is destroying your life......Or you can listen to a few people that said they had bad experiences...What is a bad experience?....I think what you are doing is a bad experience. There are a lot of people in this world that have recovered from this horrific disease...And I'm one of them...I don't have to go through what you go through every day..I've done that...And it sucks..I think you owe it to yourself Owington...To MAN UP...Get down to a meeting...Not tomorrow...Today..Nobody is going to lock the door there and keep you there. If you think you are having a bad experience...Then leave....Come back here and write about how bad it was...But at least you tried something...Cause this sh!t will kill you owington...And I'd really hate to see that.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

Well owington, if you don't do to AA then at least stay on this site all night instead of leaving to get booze. You'll be in good company. If you leave to get booze you'll be in bad company. I know I'll be in here off and on throughout the evening. I'm still new to this and it helps a lot. I just read everyone's stories and I go into the other sections and read funny things when I need something different. Helps to keep me from feeling like I'm in this alone.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Ive had a look and theres a few meetings near me. Due to the time difference (its 8pm here) im too late for today but im gonna give it a go tomorrow. Havent drank tonight which is a massive thing for me, everything just seems so empty and quiet. I know i have to man up and face the music. Not an easy thing, but youve convinced me to give it a go. Dont like having my manliness questioned, (ex-soldier) but youre right, no-one can can do this but me.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

I've been tough my whole life but alcohol surely kicked my a$$. I refuse to even jump in the ring with him anymore. He wins. I loose. I'm out.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I think you deserve it...sir...

Go to this site...Listen to Joe and Charlie...Start with the history...Great way to kill some time tonight...Get an idea what it's about...There are 1000's of speakers here that have recovered through AA...Make yourself some tea and listen...I want to see you make it owington...Not go through the misery I went through...

XA-Speakers - The lights are on!

Type in ...Joe and Charlie... under search...And start from the top...They explain it nicely.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

There are a lot of difficult things you'll be doing if you want to quick drinking. Facing fears, such as attending AA; physical discomfort; emotional discomfort, the anguish of failure.

Hard work. But worth it. That's why every day I give a prayer of thanks for another day sober. For it was hard earned. The payoff is a new life.

Your addiction will be singing a different tune: come on, mate. Have a drink. It's easier. You've been sober x amount of hrs/days/weeks, you deserve it.

Lies. All lies. Don't listen. Stay strong.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

dont call me sir, i was a soldier not an officer. cheers for your support mate, appreciate your brutal honesty. ill have a look and let you know how i get on tomorrow. friday night, great time to start with all this.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Please do...Give it all you got. Here is the Big Book online...This is your new Bible. If you are tired of listening...Read.

The text of Alcoholics Anonymous