Notices

Day Four: The Wall

Old 02-22-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day Four: The Wall

While it is lovely beyond all description to wake up and not have to crawl out of an infinite dark hole, I'm just cranky as all get out. Nasty actually.

So I got up early and came to work--where I will visit with y'all even on my work computer between tasks.

Gotta keep the positive vibes going or who knows.

There are two ways to get through this. Give up or keep going. I've yet to get so far on the other side of the wall that I lost that awareness.

One hour at a time today.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

TONS of ENDLESS SR positive vibes coming you way
**************************************************************}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sorry you feel crappy, hope you feel better soon!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Things will get better, I promise. I don't know what your DOC was but mine was opiates, and lots of them. I am only 8 days clean but I haven't looked back yet.

Be proud of yourself, getting clean and sober is no easy task. It requires lots of effort, positive attitude and possibly becoming more spiritual. Take things one day at a time. Tell yourself you can do this, its all in your head. Go to support groups like AA and NA. I've picked up the NA book and started to read a chapter out of it every day.

Stay strong, and pray. God will answer your prayers, the book of James says it all.

Best of luck with your recovery, stay active on here for support!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

If I started to feel negative about never drinking again I'd remind myself that I only felt that way because I was an alcoholic. And well, I was kind of over the whole 'being a raging alcoholic' thing. Then I would DO SOMETHING. Anything. To move on with my day. IDK how many drive-through starbucks I got in the winter of 2010. A LOT.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, for trying to keep the positive going.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cranky and Nasty have been my traveling companions for a while now. Overheard them the other day though, and think their stop is coming up soon.

Hang in there Missy and enjoy the ride.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am on day 8 clean from pills and I know the cranky feeling like no other!! However it's my laugh that makes me so happy!! I missed it!!
Old 02-22-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

I can get real cranky real quick for no apparently reason (forget from just abstaining!). Sometimes I can feel like crawling out of my skin!! Honestly, a cup of coffee usually calms me down so, like SSIL75, I have periodically kept Starbucks in business. Venting also helps. I thank God for one girlfriend I can call to vent! And I'm hoping SR can also assist with this when I need it as well!
Old 02-22-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Missy I'm on Day 24 and still feeling moody as hell. Having 1 good day out of every 3! I just have faith and believe in the people that say it gets better.

Also my new mantra.... The only way out is through!

Meaning out of the irritability, tiredness, grumpiness is to push through it and hopefully come out the other side soon. All the best. xo
Old 02-22-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

im with ya man, meetings are the only thing keeping me sober. but im more angry and negative then ever !
Old 02-22-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I know how you all feel! First couple of months were really tough. I'll have three months tomorrow and things are slowly getting better. Lots of meetings and talking it out help tremendously. Gonna be doing a 5th step with the sponser soon. Got some resentments and hurts i've caused that i need to get out.

I can't go around, over, or under it. Just straight up the middle!

Hang in there everyone.

God bless.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are two ways to get through this. Give up or keep going. I've yet to get so far on the other side of the wall that I lost that awareness.
nailed it.
Things will get better if you don't break your stride Missy

D
Old 02-22-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good job that you posted about it Missy.

I remember those early days so well. It's only natural you'd have mood swings and be emotional at times. As the others said, it all changes and gets better as you go along. After all we've done to ourselves, we need time to heal. Be kind and patient with yourself. You can do this, no doubt in my mind.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Missy,

It took me quite a few months to stop feeling angry.

My family would trigger me no end
When I look back and how I would vent to my sponsor and now nearly 9 months down the track I can see clearly that I was going through withdrawals.

My family still trigger me but I now see the part I play and how to handle it better.

You can get through this and it does not last forever.

Keep Strong

CaiHong
Old 02-22-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Missy, truly sometimes it is one hour, or one minute at a time I have 11 months & still have days like that. I suppose at this point it's just life. Good for you in your sobriety journey, for recognizing how you feel, & not just picking up without thinking
Old 02-22-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I got through my day, drove through Starbucks . They upsized my frappuccino by accident. Yay. I slammed some dinner into the over, washed some dishes and check in here. I'm so pleased to have all of your thoughts.

Some triggers this evening--hubby has to avoid his semi finals at the karaoke place to keep us out of there but whatever.

Feelin' pretty positive about getting through the evening. Maybe I'll vacuum.