Notices

I am really addicted....???

Old 02-22-2012, 08:24 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

It's up to you; you know your body best. I was told that you didn't need to drink or use everyday to have an addiction, or problems related to said addiction. If you feel that it's getting to be a difficulty, and it's encroaching on your life, then it's probably time to consider whether or not this is becoming a full blown problem.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I am only 8 days clean and my thoughts are racing by the time I fall asleep, I wake up around 3am and start thinking about everything. The way I understand it is that addicts use drugs and alcohol to hide their emotional feelings and when coming off of these chemicals you actually start to have "real" feelings and have to learn to cope with them in other ways than drugs and alcohol.

I find that I wake up in the middle of the night and I'll start reading my NA book or AA book, or daily reflections. Just in the hopes that it will bore me so much that I'll fall asleep.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:52 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
I find that I wake up in the middle of the night and I'll start reading my NA book or AA book, or daily reflections. Just in the hopes that it will bore me so much that I'll fall asleep.
Glad to see you are getting something out of it...
Old 02-23-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for giving me a solid perspective on where I stand with alcohol. I have stopped 5 days ago and I feel good. 10 to 12 drinks a week to nothing. Still not sleeping well, but maybe that takes some time. Still anxious, but maybe that from thinking about not ever being able to have a glass of wine. My relationship with having a drink to take the edge off a rough day is pretty strong. Feels like I'm breaking off a relationship that has had many ups and downs. It's a love/hate thing.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Still anxious, but maybe that from thinking about not ever being able to have a glass of wine. My relationship with having a drink to take the edge off a rough day is pretty strong.
This is what I'm talking about. Amount has nothing to do with it.