Notices

So irritable and frustrated!

Old 02-21-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry So irritable and frustrated!

I feel like my every move is being watched! I'm getting paranoid! Or maybe that's my reality.

My depression is growing and I want to be independent but my husband has control. Even if I mention something to do with our home he's incapable of making a decision but if I do then I'm leaving him out. If I don't make a decision I'm not interested in doing projects with him. I'm losing my mind.

For me most of my problems are rooted in relationships. I believe I used alcohol to ignore my husband. Drinking alcohol was just a poor coping skill. Now he watches EVERYTHING!

Omg I'm just having a really bad day!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi 1Un :-)

Its good that you eliminated a harmful method of trying to cope with your frustrations. From what you said, it sounds like an important issue is communication, open and honest, between you and your husband is something you guys need to work on. Many have found that a third party, in the form of a counselor, priest, rabbi, etc., can be a usefull referee in these types of situations.

Whatever you decide and however it goes, I do wish you well~~~
Old 02-21-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like counselling, as a couple, might be helpful for you.

Have you talked to your husband about how he makes you feel uncomfortable? I agree that drinking helps us to numb the feelings we don't want to deal with, and it's hard when we have to face them.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not sure what to do yet..... I want to get through my steps and see what the world looks like. Right now all I can think about is using so I'm trying really hard to focus on other light things like Angry Birds! I'm going to read some of my BB too.

I just want to feel peaceful. I'm not looking for insane happy just peace.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are having a bad day 1Un. I'm pretty cranky with my husband right now too. I'm not sure how much sobriety you've got but I'm early on and I'm just sick of everything. Poor guys. I don't think they know what to do.