Notices

Tomorrows a week sober and I'm back home....

Old 02-20-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FLA

Tomorrows a week sober and I'm back home....

The struggling is about to start, I've just got back to the beaches after staying with the folks for a few days. I'm back where all the parties, alcohol, and drugs are. I've already been told about parties this weekend and I'm thinking about going to them to "try" and drink I'm telling myself since it's been a week why not drink and go another week... We'll see what happens I'm gonna try and go to a AA meeting tomorrow night tho. This sucks.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You already know what drinking gets you FLA - why not give not drinking a decent run?

D
Old 02-20-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well....If this is your recovery plan....I'll see you for your next starting over thread. If it was me trying to stay sober...I probably would have stayed with the folks awhile longer. I hope you "try" and go to a meeting...Before you "try" and drink. Good luck to you man.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
recovering using AVRT

FLA....do you want to get sober?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Try not to drink today.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FLA

Of course I want to get sober. There's just so many temptations all around me it's kind of over welling. I really hope a AA meeting will shoot me straight. I'll keep posting.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

do or do not, there is no try
Old 02-21-2012, 02:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The longer you fight it, the easier it gets.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FLA View Post
Of course I want to get sober. There's just so many temptations all around me it's kind of over welling. I really hope a AA meeting will shoot me straight. I'll keep posting.
it sounds like you are formulating an excuse. You've purposely put yourself into a situation where you are surrounded by parties and booze.

i think you have to ask yourself why you chose this route....that will lead you straight back to binge drinking. I hope you relive your time in the ER and "play the tape through to the end" before you pick up.

i know we all sound "preachy" but we're more objective than you right now.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

FLA! You posted this YESTERDAY! Please take your own advice. You can do this.
Temptations will always be there, we need to change our responses to them.

"Go read my old thread, I thought moderately drinking and just drinking on the weekends was ok. Then I spiraled out of control in a matter of a month after coming here. Sometimes you have to find out on your own. But if your wise and realize why you actually came here you'll realize that it's better to just ask for help and become sober. Keep posting and keep your head up, Good luck and feel better "

Keep us posted. xo
Old 02-21-2012, 05:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by LadyNoBinge
Temptations will always be there, we need to change our responses to them.
So, so true....and responses can be changed.

FLA, have you ever read about AVRT?
Old 02-21-2012, 05:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FLA View Post
There's just so many temptations all around me it's kind of over welling.
You knew that damn well when you went back there FLA...You were ready to go back there your first day at your parents house. You need to take a hard look at reality and see if this is what you want....Otherwise all you are doing is harshing your buzz....It's called getting honest with yourself...Try it!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
~sb

Meetings help, for an hour. Working the program of recovery can help you change your old patterns of behavior for a lifetime.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

FLA - I was guilty of overwhelming you too initially and I'm sorry for that. I think you know all the logical conclusions about drinking. But judging by your posts, I'm not sure it is fruitful for you to really worry about the partys or other drinking venues coming up. Staying off the sauce today will be hard enough - so focus today (I know - redundant from my prior post). But this is the most powerful lesson - tomorrow will come, be sure of it. Temptation will come, be sure of that. If you add up all the impending future opportunities to fail, it is overwhelming. So tackle that when you get to tomorrow; today, just worry about today.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
FLA

I'm going to a AA meeting tonight for sure, I want a friend to come with me tho, I don't want it tone awkward. I haven't slept good in so long! I'm on 3 hours of sleep in two days. I'm at the doctors rite now for my lab results from last week. Should i ask for a sleep aid and anxiety medications? Or will that slow my brains recovery from the alcohol?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Get honest with your doctor and tell him what your going through...And don't lie about how much you have been drinking!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're going to check out a meeting, hope you hear, see, or feel something that intrigues you there.