Notices

harder than i thought

Old 02-20-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

harder than i thought

I can honestly say Im doing better, but I can honestly say I COULD BE DOING BETTER.. I NEVER rationed anything in my life. I can buy a BAG OF CANDY and et the WHOLE bag before I put it down. Well- I joined this site last week- after I realized that I have a problem. Well, since then, I have rationed my OPIATE use (Diulidad) from 3-6 pills each day- to ONE pill a day, so I dont reap the NEGATIVE factors of stopping COLD TURKEY. So all has been well, UNTIL 2day! I have done 2 pills 2day, and Im hating myself for it.. Does any1 else have advice for the NEXT step, or something I can add to my life, instead of having the PILL on my mind. Its like i just want to go to sleep, so i can wake up and bang my 1/2 pill (2morrow), but life is still passing me by.. So, any advice? This site helps me alot, but theirs only sooo much I can read...
Old 02-20-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

I know I was the same with alcohol (and weed for a part of my life), if it was around I'd consume it. Not so much with candy though. I knew from experience that tapering was not going to work for me, had to make a big, complete change. I've never been much for popping pills, but meet up with a group if you can and\or see a doctor.
Best wishes
Old 02-20-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Go to an NA meeting..I think a room full of recovering addicts would be just the place for you. Share what you did here. This site is great for support...But so is seeing and talking to people with the same goal you have.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think you need to get some help. Cutting down seems fair, but if you start to go backward you are in trouble. I don't have a pill problem, but I sure could. I went through a bottle prescribed for back pain in about four days. Then I actually told people I took them to help me do my work. They are really scary because they're neater than alcohol. Easy to hide, they don't come with a loud, silly place, so you need to be really careful about backsliding.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

how do i locate narcotic addict groups in my area?? is it free? confidential?? all this scares me, cause anytime IN MY WHOLE LIFE ,that i went looking for HELP- it has ALWAYS blew up in my face..
Old 02-20-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

For some of us tapering just drags out the agony and anxiety over quitting...there is always a little more taper we could do, stretch it out a little, decide that Tues we have that meeting so maybe we can go up half a pill again...etc etc etc

It would seem that it would make it easier by forgoing the withdrawals, but actually can work the opposite way. Sometimes it is best to just yank the bandaid off quickly and deal with the sting, rather than the agony of carefully peeling it away, teeth clenched all the while.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Try this site...

Georgia Regional Service Committee of Narcotics Anonymous

Free and confidential....This can't blow up in your face any more than the drugs are. Give it a try.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's up to you whoiamnow. This may be a minor set back (the 2 pills), tomorrow reconsider what makes you tick. Tapering off worked for me with pills but not for alcohol. It's takes plenty of tries to figure out what's best. One major factor is your health. We know ourselves best so if you believe you're hurting more than helping then seek help. This comes only from my experience.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey man...you might want to check out the Substance Abuse forum as well if you haven't already.