Notices

A Puppy Ran In Front of the Truck

Old 02-20-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Puppy Ran In Front of the Truck

I had the sobriety to avoid it. I am filled with remorse at those I put in harms way in the past.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I got a DUI only a month or two after my 2nd or 3rd alcohol-related arrest. I hit a car with a lady and her daughter inside :'(
It still upsets me that I could have killed someone, killed a kid, and all because I was so used to drunk driving on the freeway (which sounds STUPID in itself). After I got out of jail, I locked myself in the bathroom and drank for days and days.
Little things, like having the cognitive ability to avoid hitting a dog goes sooo much deeper for some of us! I'm glad you posted this - makes me remember the cat I didn't hit a few weeks ago! How awesome
Old 02-20-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've had moments like that...if I was drunk what would have been the outcome?...followed closely by thank God I was sober! Food for thought...thanks
Old 02-20-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

ya i avoided a drunk driver saturday night. He merged on the interstate behind me and kept trying to race me as he pulled up next to me. I slowed down to let him go by and so i was behind him not in front if him. I thanked god i wasnt drinking, if i had been i probably would have raced him (as ive stupidly done in the past) and who knows what the outcome would have been...

I just watched him try to stay between the lines ahead of me and i prayed that he made it home safe...
Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Know what you mean Fitz. We have cats galore in our neighborhood, as well as just about every other critter. I am constantly dodging something on the road. The largest animal hazard is deer. They are everywhere!!

I did alot of impaired driving in my time, and I look back and realize how foolish and self-absorbed I was. I hate to say it, but I drove my own kids around in that state. Very pathetic.

I'm so grateful that I didn't kill my kids or anyone else. It was only a matter of time if I kept going the way I was.

God bless.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think a big thing I could get in my truck and drive and not take all the backroads. As a drunk I was a paranoind but sometimes too drunk to know it. Though I'm an agnostic Buddhist every day sober still feels like a gift from God. Stopped the truck tried to get the pup because it was panicked but couldn't catch it. Gave it my best shot. i worry about it.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

you done good Fitz- and all those lessons "for 60 years i have been forgetful every moment but not for a second has this flowing towards me stopped or slowed"

these are our gifts

and yes, used to get drunk, put my wife and kid on the bike and the last 6 miles - open range to get home .....makes my palms sweat just thinking 'bout it.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yea I remember going to jail to sit out the drunk bad PB&J sandwitches. Cops told me keep my eyes forward so of course I didn't actually starred one down do not want war any more sobriety is peace It really is just not easy. But what worth having is? Sober May 2011
Old 02-20-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Fitz))) - you're doing great! I know you've had a rough time of it, lately, but you keep posting here, putting that one foot in front of the other, and you're still sober.

There are days that the only (and best) thing I can wrap my head around is "I'm clean" and that's okay.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-20-2012, 11:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I didn't miss a puppy, haven't left the house. But I did do the dishes. So that's good.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thinking about the times I drove while drinking fill me with shame. Never ever again.