Notices

Hi, I am new here

Old 02-20-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, I am new here

Hello, I just wanteed to introduce myself. I have been drinking for about the last 11 years (except for during pregnancy) I was drinking almost daily, around 8-10 beers a day. in the last couple of months I have only been drinking about 2-3 times a month. But this last weekend I decided to go out by myself to the local bar because it was the weekend after my birthday. I learned my lesson on this trip, all of my money got stolen along with my phone and my little girls money that I also had in my purse. I feel like such a piece of Sh**, and I hate myself for even going out in the first place. I don't remember much of this night and I just feel horrible about it, I just want to sit and cry and make this feeling go away some how. I guess one good thing about this last weekend though is the fact that I think I have finally hit bottom and I know I need to quit drinking all together for good. I am a single mom and my kids deserve better than this.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and to a better life AR! You'll find lots of support and words of wisdom here. You've done a wonderful thing by turning in this direction, I wish you all the best!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah....Losing money...I've done that before. I might have even given it away...Not real sure. What are you willing to do to stop for good?...That's what I had to ask myself.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well for starters I had my son throw away the rest of the alcohol I had in the house, a full bottle of Vodka even.. I don't even want it around because I know I will drink it if it is here eventually. I have been going to bed very very early because i was so used to drinking every night I honestly didn't know what to do with myself except just go to bed, I have been getting a lot of good sleep, but its really not fair to my kids to make them go lay down because I want to. So I figure I am going to find other things to keep me occupied and busy, I have also taken up gardening which I am really enjoying, I wish spring would hurry up and get here so I can plant outside and just be outside more. I am also hoping my red face will go away, I was diagnosed with rosacea about a year ago but I think it is more because of my drinking than "rosacea" I now have lots of broken capillaries all over my cheeks and stuff, I am really just not in a good place with myself at the moment, I am not my "true" self and I want that so much, to get back to being me. Thank you all so much for your kind words.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What about some kind of plan of recovery?...Fill that empty time with something more than sleep...Like working on getting better.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! SR has been a huge part of my recovery, we're kind of like a REALLY big family, so welcome to the family, too

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-20-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, I need to do that, as for a plan, I am not quite sure I guess I do need to come up with something for sure. I am also working on a healthier me, I have been eating 90% raw living food for the past 6 weeks, I figure if I can do that then I can do anything (or so I thought) so I guess my plan would be to NOT poison my body and be the healthiest person I can be. I will also find things to keep myself busy with things that I enjoy doing.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

There are a lot of good plans here...And a lot of people that know about them...Do a little research...Read threads here...Different forums...Find something that interests you and ask questions...Make it your job...To get better. Great support here...Use it...And get busy. I'd like to see you stop for good...I'm sure the kids would too...They'd probably rather stay up later. Best wishes for you.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes, I will do that! My new job Thank you
Old 02-20-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Any help you need...Or questions you have...Make a thread....There is always someone here that wants to see you get better.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you Sapling
Old 02-20-2012, 10:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome!
Old 02-20-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR alcoholicruins

D