Notices

33 Days...little depressed

Old 02-20-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool 33 Days...little depressed

Had been feeling so great. Now I'm having these "ups and downs". It does not help when my son and his father (two grown men) hate each other. I feel like I'm in the smack middle of their relationship always trying to keep peace. I don't really get the urge to drink, but I think this was one of my excuses. I see that now. With this in the back of my mind all time, I am feeling more and more depressed. They are messing up my "mojo". Our son does not even live with us. My husband loves to "bit__" about it ALOT! I don't know how to even handle it anymore. Much of the time I wish I could just live by myself....Keeping up with my sobriety! No matter what they do! ---Just had to write something. Going to try and have a good day anyway!This is me right now...
Old 02-20-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Try to remain calm and focused and not let these things ruin YOUR tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ups and Downs....They don't call recovery a roller coaster ride for nothing..That's true with life too. You can always look at it like this...If you were drinking...The three of you would be going at it. Let boys be boys and take care of yourself. Set an example for them. Your Sobriety first...Nothing else.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wise words posted here, hoping you can find some peace in the difficult situation Deborah. Do you have a sponsor or anyone you can talk with?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Is the problem that they are too alike? Even if it isn't obvious? I adore my kids--even when they are giving me a hard time (which they do). So try to be philosophical about it. Who can understand a father / son relationship? They never seem to.