Notices

Don't know if I can do it 3 times a week

Old 02-20-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don't know if I can do it 3 times a week

Because I've been having a really rough time recently and my folks don't know what to do with me anymore they've pushed me to see a psychologist, psychiatrist and an alcohol counsellor. I've ended up having appontments with all three this week, today tomorrow and wednesday. I really want help with my drinking and my anxiety (which is the main reason I was drinking) but I'm just back from the psychologist where I cried for the whole hour and am still upset now. Just can't talk through all the same things twice more this week with complete strangers. It's too much to handle all at the same time and I don't see it helping (which is the totally wrong attitude to have). Don't know what to do anymore. Just tired of feeling so sad. Honestly feel much worse than I did before I went. And this is my day 7 so it should have been a good day. On the upside still don't want a drink!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep on trucking kam.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

i bet you drank 3 times a week. probably more.

it's only been a week. we didn't become alcoholics over night and we're not going to recover that fast either. the emotional pain of walking through our personal stuff is very real, but necessary.

i hope you stick with it. take care.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hang in there- i went to lots of AA meets during my first years sober - didn't have to 'spill my guts' [i know, that does get fatiguing as hell] i could just share about what was happening that day- or be quiet and listen . And being quiet and [finally ] being able to listen was a HUGE gift. set the stage for later meditation practice....
Old 02-20-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies guys. augustwest that's a really good point about how often I was drinking! Put like that therapy is obviously a better use of my time. Just need to 'man up' (or woman up actually!)
Old 02-20-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Relax and go to the appointments. Make them your priority. It's worth this week, isn't it?
Old 02-21-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just back from my second appointment this week (the psychiatrist this time) . It went really well. Basically she thinks I should bump up my ADs and keep seeing the psychologist and the alcohol counselor but she doesn't need to see me again. Am feeling much better about everything today compared to yesterday. Now actually feeling positive about the alcohol counselor tomorrow (hope the feeling lasts!)
Old 02-21-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hang tough and remember that you do not suffer alone.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

3 times a week ain't that bad...I had to talk to my alcohol counselor 7 days a week...He was my sponsor.