Notices

Day 3

Old 02-19-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

I've done this before but I'm here again on day 3 of what has been one of the worst detoxes I've been through. I feel like I cannot drink enough water to feel hydrated, constant thirst. I also have pain in my abdomen, all of it, lower and upper. Eating makes me nauseous. Can't sleep much about an hour this am over the last 3 days & when I did woke up sweating. I know these can be typical withdrawals. Has anyone had a similar experience? The stomach pain & extreme thirst are worrying me because its never been this bad. Thanks
Old 02-19-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Eye365

My third attempt to stay off drink was pretty bad too. Your liver is probably begging for that amount of water. I got myself water filter jug, drink buckets on daily bases. But give it a little more time and you will feel better.

Consult doctor to check your health.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I detoxed in my rehab...Blue Gatorade is all I remember them giving me...Lot's of it. Electrolytes. If it get's too bad...Seek medical attention.....Don't play around with it.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep, drank water, more water and more..Day 10 here and still drinking the water...Days 4 and 5 hungry as hell! Keep drinking..your liver needs it!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Appreciate the encouragement. I have been drinking much much water & powerade. Mouth is still dry. Amazing what that poison does to the body. I almost smell it coming out of me yuck. I don't want to feel this way again. Any idea how long the guts will take to feel better? It's hard to eat. I dry heave at the sight of a liq store or bottle etc... I'm happy for that right now & don't ever want to go back down the undertow...
Old 02-19-2012, 08:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FLA

Embrace the pain and Withdrawal because once that stops the cravings set in and you soon forget what you've just gone through. Just reassure yourself that everything your going through rite now is completely normal withdrawal symptoms, your gonna be ok I hope you can pull through and stop for good! Keep posting and keep positive!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's exactly what I want to do, FLA, remember the awful times & not the fake "good" ones. It's also exactly what I've NOT done in the past. once I feel better, I let the guard down, let cravings rule, then resume the ugly cycle once again.

Finally did sleep for about five hrs, woke up so thirsty my mouth totally dry & eyes hurt from it. However, overall I do feel a little better. This one will stick with me for a long time.

Making some small simple plans now on how to stay stopped. Ive done aa there are very good things in it, however, I dont like the thinking "Im powerless" if that were true no addict would ever be sober. I think maybe ill try again though at least to find new sober friends. I plan to do some volunteer work to get out of my selfish head, get back to running 3-6 miles a day, healthy eating, vitamins, water, and counseling for what got me to depend on poison. I know I have it in me, as do we all, to beat this.

~~& It's easier not to start, than it is to have to stop.~~
Old 02-20-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

powerless = unable to change
Old 02-20-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there! It will get better. Congratulations on your willingness to go thru this hell. It will be worth it.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard eye365

D
Old 02-20-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone.. I'm very glad I found this site (actually I'd seen it many times when searching for answers, but finally registered). It's good to have another source for help.

I am certain I'll get through day 4 sober. The physical symptoms are improving every hour. The anxiety & depression are not changing so much. The biggest pain is from guilt and shame; from the wasted time, hurting of myself & others, & all the other problems me & alcohol have caused myself. Overwhelmingly Those are the ones that lead me to drink-it's that sick irony. I walked into my lonely empty house after working and it hit me like a freight train. How many times I isolated in here to hide the drunk me- and now I'm stuck alone with that emptiness- pushed away so many people who were there for me. I'll need to find a way to be social w/o alcohol a very terrifying thought right now.

Aw Hell I guess that's me feeling sorry for myself & it solves nothing. Ultimitly it's all up to me. I know this... But it makes me feel extra alone and sad.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Eye365 - the sad and alone part is hard. I know you're detoxing but when thats past maybe start volunteer work or meetings? Not sure what your preferred sobriety plan is but I have found volunteering to be very helpful with the depressed, bored, angry, etc feelings.

Hang in there. Also. I found probiotics to help with stomach issues. Worth a try if your doctor gives you a good bill of health.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome!

Glad things are improving for you! I started feeling better around day 4, too, though the mental/emotional part was bumpy for a while after that. Just try not to overwhelm yourself (like worrying about the past/future stuff).

Stay in the day and remember each day sober is a major victory! Better days are ahead!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good job Eye! We know how hard it is - we're behind you all the way. You never have to go back to the bad days again - and no more detoxing. Keep us informed as to how you're doing.