Notices

1 Week Sober - Want to try a meeting

Old 02-20-2012, 04:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

i suppose so, but I don't want to be old yet. I'm 23. lol!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Great job on your week janiebluebird!! A meeting would be a wonderful next step for you. Just remember everyone there had a first meeting at some point and that you are all there for the same reason: to get and stay sober. omg I remember I was shaking like a leaf when I went to my first meeting, and they had me read How It Works, I stumbled on the word anonymity and I was so embarrassed. But when I was done reading one of the old-timers said, every newcomer stumbles on that word, welcome to AA! I was at home then
Old 02-20-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I did not go to one yet as I went hiking for 2 hours yesterday at place about an hour from my house. I was pretty tired when I got in from being out in the cold, sun, wind & walking the whole time. I am on the verge of going to one though, and talking to everyone on here has given me more courage to do so. I also went to a small dinner party at a friends house last night for her birthday and succeeded in not having anything alcoholic. I made myself an iced water with lemon the first minute I walked through the door and re-filled it a few times, also had a soda.

I feel really good today, at 8 days sober. I know that it is crucial that I start meetings for the social support. I have some work to do today so depending on how that goes, I may try to make a 7:15 beginners meeting. Otherwise I’ll wait till Wednesday (busy day tomorrow). The week days are not so much of a risk to me as weekends, so I’m not too worried about slipping up, but I do want to get it over with and go to one already. Thanks so much for all the support and wisdom- makes all the difference