Notices

new here...hi and question..

Old 02-16-2012, 05:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new here...hi and question..

hi everybody..
Im a newbee here... ive been off heroin since late november. It still has a grasp on me though, i feel lost without it. Is it normal to still feel this way? Life seems easier when im on it, i had more energy, i was happy. Now im depressed with anxieties and no energy. Do others feel this way also? I feel so alone and scared!
Old 02-16-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi everybody..
Im a newbee here... ive been off heroin since late november. It still has a grasp on me though, i feel lost without it. Is it normal to still feel this way? Life seems easier when im on it, i had more energy, i was happy. Now im depressed with anxieties and no energy. Do others feel this way also? I feel so alone and scared!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Hey, Justmare. Welcome. Congratulations for staying off the H since November. I never did heroin, so I don't know if your depression or anxiety is related to your getting off the drug. Maybe you should see a doctor and see if there is a medical reason you are feeling this way.

I did do a lot of drugs though, including an addiction to meth. I know how the addiction can trick our minds...make us miserable so that we turn to the false promise of the drug to make us happy. True happiness isn't to be found in a drug. I think you know this.

Are you seeking any face-to-face support? NA would be a great way to feel less alone.

Take care.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Justmare

I never did heroin or anything remotely like it so I have no specific experience to share.

I think many of us do feel that way tho initally, regadless of our drug of choice.

Support really helped me - and you'll find a lot of that here

You might like to check out our substance abuse forum as well:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D