Notices

I just need prayers right now

Old 02-15-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

I just need prayers right now

Hello all

I'm having a very rough time right now trying to get sober, trying to deal with losing a relationship, dealing with her moving on to someone else (which i found about about on v-day), and my job. The woman and my job were the two primary reasons i drank. I could really use some prayers and support. I appreciate all of you here on SR thank you. I just feel that life is piling up on me and im asking for help. I'm going on 9 days sober now, ill be going to two meetings tonite because i dont want to go home to my empty apartment. I'm moving this weekend into my own place thankfully and that will make it way easier. I just feel like like i need

Thank you all, GOD bless
Old 02-15-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

I dont want her back but the pain of losing someone whether you want them back or not is still going to be present no matter what.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Prayers sent your way.

9 days is an awesome beginning!!

Breathe. You're going to get through this.

Peace, Love, & Hugs,
Old 02-15-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The two meetings will surely help.

Prayers sent for your strength to stay "on the beam".

Bob
Old 02-15-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

i know i didnt really have a presence on here with my old name but i feel like this post will be buried deep enough into this to say i had to get a new name my ex logged on to my computer before she moved out and was snooping around on here looking at what i was writing. just letting you all know

Last edited by Dee74; 02-15-2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Removed old name
Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't give up the nine days sober...Hang on to that...Drinking sure won't make anything better. Go to meetings...Get a sponsor and work the steps...There is a way out...I've been there and this worked for me. Things will get better...You're in my prayers....Just take care of yourself and don't pick up.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhySoSerious View Post
Hello all

I'm having a very rough time right now trying to get sober, trying to deal with losing a relationship, dealing with her moving on to someone else (which i found about about on v-day), and my job. The woman and my job were the two primary reasons i drank. I could really use some prayers and support. I appreciate all of you here on SR thank you. I just feel that life is piling up on me and im asking for help. I'm going on 9 days sober now, ill be going to two meetings tonite because i dont want to go home to my empty apartment. I'm moving this weekend into my own place thankfully and that will make it way easier. I just feel like like i need

Thank you all, GOD bless
Of all threads, this one got my attention. I will pray for you. And while you guys are at it. Please say one for ovrock. I need all the prayers I could get too...
Old 02-15-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sending prayers your way! Ovrock - prayers and loving wishes sent your way!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Prayers going out for you both......

WhySoSerious - try to be gentle with yourself..... You have every reason to feel sad right now. I find that it helps to accept my feelings and know that it's OK not to feel happy all the time. Grab someone after the meeting and talk it out.....

Better days are ahead for you. You're making a major change and doing something wonderful for yourself by getting sober.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

Thank you all for your prayers and wishes it means the world to me. None of us can do this alone thats why we must stick together. Thank you
Old 02-15-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You are in my prayers.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I feel for you brother...hang in there...prayers on the way.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Of course, losing a relationship, whether by choice or not, is really difficult. I'm really glad that you're posting and please know that we do understand how hard this is.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

prayers for you today WSS.
There's a ton of support and good ideas here

D
Old 02-15-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am praying for you. Congratulations on 9 days! Breakups are the pits. Thank you for reaching out. "There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning." xo
Old 02-15-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and ovrock.

It tough when relationships end. I think we've all been through it at one time or another. You can stay sober through this. Do lots of posting and sharing with others. It helps to get it out. Try to stay busy too, keep your mind occupied.

Hang in there.

God bless.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Great job on the 9 days! Just hang in there and keep going to meetings and doing whatever helps you stay sober. I know what you mean about life issues seeming to pile up all at once. I do believe however that when a lot of changes occur at once, it's because better things are to come. Just hang in there...prayers sent
Old 02-15-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

I can relate....Jan 2011, my GF (now ex) came home from a holiday to find me passed out drunk in the bed when I should have been at work. She owned the place and had enough of my alcoholism so she had me removed by police. I had to move back to my parents and a month later she had a new boyfriend. The relationship was over already, but I was kinda hurt that she moved on so quickly after 6 years together...and that this new dude was banging her in the bed I bought and put together haha. When I sobered up, I realized I didnt even really love her. Its probably for the best you get sober on your own.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You will be in my prayers as well. I am on day 9 too.

I pray you stay sober and find peace and joy in life, even if it takes a little time.

rochele
Old 02-15-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

WhySoSerious & Ovrock - prayers going up for both. You are never alone.

WSS - Your life is about to change for the better - it's just hard to see that right now. I know how much courage & strength it takes to stay sober when you're going through hard times. We feel like if we could just have a drink it would calm us down, make our anxiety less - but that's a lie. Drinking adds confusion and misery to an already challenging situation. It took me so long to admit that! You will get through this, and a new day will dawn. Let us know how it's going.