Notices

For new comers: Happy Valentines Day

Old 02-14-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For new comers: Happy Valentines Day

Hello all...
I wanted to wish all the new comers a warm welcome, and a Happy Valentines Day. I am so glad you found yourselves here, this site really is a saving grace, and congratulations on reaching out to start improving your quality of life. I am relatively new myself to sobriety, I have 45 days solid now, and life really does get better when you make the decision to put your bottle down. I was in a terrible place, if you can imagine the worst, I have been there, but today, life seems a little easier, a little more manageable, a little friendlier. Sure, cravings can hit, but that is only in the head...its more of a habitual thing than anything else. Ride out your cravings, they dont last very long, and realize that its only your addictive voice, not your real self, which is talking at that point. Every day waking up sober, not hung over, starts that day off on a positive foot, that is a great head start to your new life..
Old 02-14-2012, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning! Wishing you a very Happy Valentines Day as well! Thanks for your always inspirational words! I hope you have an amazing day! Day 3 :-)
Old 02-14-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

Thank you for that at least on here i get someone (besides my mom) to tell me happy valentines day (forever alone lol) day 8
Old 02-14-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by losteverything
Ride out your cravings, they dont last very long, and realize that its only your addictive voice, not your real self, which is talking at that point. Every day waking up sober, not hung over, starts that day off on a positive foot, that is a great head start to your new life...
That was said very well, Losteverything, I could not agree more. Thanks for your experience, strength and hope, and congratulations on your sobriety.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks LE

D
Old 02-14-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks LE! What a lovely post