Notices

Bottom....

Old 02-13-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
SR Fan

The insomnia drove me crazy, too, but try to keep things as simple as possible and stay close to SR or other support. It's going to get better, so hold on! One minute at a time, if need be......

We're behind you all the way!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well, Chardonney- you are not the first one to find yourself here and you won't be the last.

That's a really cool thing to know, imo.

Many of us climbed out that whole to find a life of meaning and great joy was waiting for us.

My kids were 8 and 5 when I started recovery. It wasn't too late for us, we are now probably closer than most families I know.

You've got it started, now what do you plan to do with it? Those I know with long term recovery work on it in one way or another all the time. It's an exciting way to live life with purpose.

Keep it up.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Chardonnay - I felt the same way, too - but I promise the negative thoughts & feelings will start to lighten up as you heal. I kept replaying all the stupid things I'd done - was so filled with guilt & remorse. Finally I decided if I were to get well I'd have to start being kinder to myself. I knew I wasn't that drunken fool who made so many bad decisions. I needed to give the real me a fighting chance.

I agree with Dee about your children - wait for the day when you feel more optimistic. It will come, we promise. You'll have a whole new life - all the bad times will fade away.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Your depression and negative feelings will go away the longer you stay from the alcohol. I can't believe how happy and hopeful I feel now. It's worth the effort!! Keep posting here and find some other help, too. I haven't done AA but it seems to be the answer for so many people here, why not try it? Good luck.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi again!

I am happy you sound better and I agree with all the posts. For me to get from where you are today, to where I am today took sober time and therapy. I never thought I would have 18 months (hey, today's my anniversary, I just realized) but it is possible.

Xoxo, T
Old 02-13-2012, 08:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Day 4 sober for me Chardonnay740.

Last day drunk I felt just like you. First day sober I felt like crap, hangover from hell feeling oh so guilty and ashamed. Day two, not much sleep, sicker yet, terrified I might lose my job, thought I might actually have to go to the hospital, shakes, dry heaves, cold sweats. Day three, I found this place, still very sick, not really able to eat, more cold sweats, shakes almost gone, still afraid I was going to lose my job today. Today day four, no more dry heaves, hungry like hell, first burst of energy, didn't get fired and I smiled several times today and they were real smiles.

I can't wait to feel even better tomorrow! Chin up kiddo, you will feel better soon, just don't drink!