Jumped into drunk last night

Old 02-11-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR ProudPops

D
Old 02-11-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm not entirely convinced I'm an alcoholic either but I am convinced I can't drink, ever.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

aeo I think the whole experience has to do with feeling restrained or trapped, like when u talked about the planned night of drinking or smoking the joint out of your bathroom window. I get the feeling that a lot of your life you just live by the book, and follow instructions so that when u actually get opportunities to escape...you take full advantage of them. AND THAT IS VERY NORMAL BEHAVIOR, especially for mothers. I drove my parents up a wall with all the bad **** I did when I was a child, my moms escape happened to be athletic activity instead of drugs or alcohol, but we all have it. Now the fact that you have a problem with the alcohol, maybe the planned night of drinking wasn't the best decision, find healthy outlets, pick up new exciting hobbies
Old 02-11-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

LEftFootFIrst, thank you for your comment.
I think that is my problem. I feel so trapped between full time job, 2 kids who do not sleep through the night, my husband working long hours, cooking, cleaning, laundry... I have about 15 min to myself a day. And by the time it happens, I am too tired to exercise, ,and can't really go out. So, I would have a few drinks to have some sort of outlet after a stressful day. Unfortunately the easiest way to relax fast... I will be two weeks without a single drink tomorrow...
Baby was sick this week, so I am going on about 2 hours of sleep a night... at this point I am so wired up from sleep deprivation, thoughts are creeping in about 'controlled' drinking.. Like share a bottle of wine with my husband once a week or something....
I mean I have never tried it.... Do you know, does it work for some people?
Old 02-11-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know life is rough - everyone one of us here probably has some really tough situation to vent about, but I don't believe anyone who's posting here should be thinking about controlled drinking or drugging as a solution.

It's simply not. Anyone thinking that should read around - it brings a lot more problems to the table.

There's other ways to deal with stress, to find support and share tasks, to make our life something we don't want or need to escape from.

As someone else said here today in another thread, most people, those not like us, don't have to think about 'controlling' what they drink.

D
Old 02-11-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aeo1313 View Post
By the time I got home...I slept on the bathroom floor and have no idea if I talked to my kids or not when I got home. I feel since it was a planned drunk I was in control...or is that a lie my addict brain is telling me? The night before I smoked a joint out my opened bathroom window in sub-zero cold. Is this typical behavior of a 36yo wife/mother. I keep saying it's not like I couldn't have stayed sober longer if I wanted- I chose not to. My mom is having knee rplacement Tuesday and all I can think about is that they will have painkillers laying around.
Originally Posted by aeo1313 View Post
I'm just not convinced I am an alcoholic. Obviously I think I have an issue or I wouldn't be on this site- but...
So... if you're not convinced you're an alcoholic what kind of problem do you think you have, aeo? You just prefer to sleep on the bathroom floor? You planned that, along with getting wasted? And if your husband is so supportive of your drinking why are you sneaking extra bottles around? I think you're in denial about how big of a problem this is, aeo. Just my .02
Old 02-11-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

yea you don't want to mess up yer health too much, when you get older it will really suck to have diabetes or something else, plus (depending how old the kids are) you could have a social worker chasing you around making sure your kids are ok.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:42 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OCDDan View Post
yea you don't want to mess up yer health too much, when you get older it will really suck to have diabetes or something else, plus (depending how old the kids are) you could have a social worker chasing you around making sure your kids are ok.
this is a really good point. my child is 2 and I'm ashamed to say that it has taken me to now to realize that i can't behave like I did before I became a mum. I cannot be a decent, proper mum when drinking(even if he is in bed) Just because they are clothed, fed and loved does not mean we are being decent mothers if we are pissed half of the time.

Families have their children taken away from them every day because of drink problems in the family. I thank God I have another chance to be a proper mum and hope he won't remember me with a drink in my hand.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:15 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

. . . I slept on the bathroom floor and have no idea if I talked to my kids or not when I got home.

. . . The night before I smoked a joint out my opened bathroom window in sub-zero cold.

. . . Is this typical behavior of a 36yo wife/mother.

In addition to being a wife and mother, here is something else you are - a role model to your children.

Stop thinking about yourself and whether or not a certain label applies to you, get over it, you have much bigger issues then what adjectives might apply.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

How are things today, aeo?

Definately think of your health. Not sure what pills you take, but if they pare painkillers and you do alcohol, you are really doing a number on the liver. Women are very vulnerable to liver issues as well. No medical advice, but speaking from the experience of having done damage to my liver with alcohol, obesity and diabetes.

I also shudder to think of how drunk I have been some nights, and my husband too. How would we have handled an emergency with the children? What if one needs a trip to the ER in the night, etc... That is a strong motive for me to stay sober, though there are many.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I realized the combo of pills & alcohol could have easily killed me. My husband would be w/ out a wife & my only child would be motherless. That would destroy her. She adores me & needs me.
Your kids need you.
Stop before its too late. And it ruins everyone's life. They will carry that pain forever.
You can do it!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

hope you are feeling a bit better today aeo.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

How bad does it have to get?