Notices

Help

Old 02-10-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

So i met this wonderful girl..and i really like her and it seems like she really is in to me.....i know she has a problem with opiates and i want her to stop..i never asked her face to face cuz i dont want her freaking out but i need an answer...ive been reading about how to get off opiates and it seems like there is no solution!! shes beautiful and smart but has a problem...what do i say and how do i confront hher? i want her to be in my life but i dont want that HIGH in my life...i used to do cocaine for years and did lots of other drugs...i did it cold turkey stopped everything...i just recentely stopped smoking pot! i thought it was going to be hard but it really isnt bad....so i know how it feels to be addicted to thingss...i guess im just asking for some help

i know someone that has a problem and i need to know how to confront her..i realize it will take time...i never like pills and dont know what the signs are?? how do you know if someone is one opiates?
Old 02-10-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi wmd296

Welcome

Honestly? I think the best thing to do is to talk to her about it, tell her how you feel - just be honest.

I wouldn't have expectations that it will change anything much - there are solutions but she has to want to find them and be prepared to do the work - but it seems like it's important for you to get this off your chest.

Then you can decide what to do for yourself after that.

D
Old 02-10-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi wmd296

Welcome

Honestly? I think the best thing to do is to talk to her about it, tell her how you feel - just be honest.

I wouldn't have expectations that it will change anything much - there are solutions but she has to want to find them and be prepared to do the work - but it seems like it's important for you to get this off your chest.

Then you can decide what to do for yourself after that.

D
I agree, you should tell her how you're feeling so that you are at peace with yourself, but don't have expectations that she will change because there is nothing you can do to make that happen. Sorry you are in that position.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How long have you been clean...besides the pot?