Notices

Just beat my first 24 hours!

Old 02-08-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just beat my first 24 hours!

So I went to my psychiatrist yesterday who knows I drink about 8 beers a day. But I actually drink about an 18 pack a day. With the assistance of my girlfriend for trust reasons he prescribed me 2mg valium and 10 mg propranoLOL both 3x a day. I went home. Feeling really horrible. Had been a few hours since a drink.

But I didn't do it. Just took pills and kept myself occupied. Which was super easy to do when I'm not lazy and bored from drinking beer. I love it. I've been drinking so much the past year everything is boring and depressing. But I feel great now! Sure last night it was really hard not to drink a beer, because I couldn't sleep, but the Dr. really helped with it.

My second morning and I surprisingly feel fine. And alot more intelligent.
Hope everything keeps going smoothly
Old 02-08-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Mustard - so glad you are feeling fine and more intelligent! Who knew? I hope you'll continue on this path - you sound enthused and filled with hope.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome job. If anything starts to feel off, you might consider sharing with your Doc that it was actually 18 and not 8. Safe than sorry
Old 02-08-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WAY TO GO MUSTARDHANDSOAP!!! The feeling get's better!!! This morning, on my way to work I actually noticed items on the side of the road that I have never "seen" before because I was suffering a from a slight hangover....everyday. Believe it or not, and call me silly but, it put the biggest smile on my face noticing all of these little and silly things.

I'm on day 10 and have to say I have had my moments but honestly, this site has helped me get through them. I don't EVER want to go back to drinking. Keep posting!
Old 02-08-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

One day at a time Mustard. Thanks for sharing.

A friend posted this on FB today. Reminded me of your screen name.

"Isn't it odd the way everyone automatically assumes that the goo in soap dispensers is always soap? I like to fill mine with mustard, just to teach people a lesson in trust."
Old 02-08-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by headstrong View Post

"Isn't it odd the way everyone automatically assumes that the goo in soap dispensers is always soap? I like to fill mine with mustard, just to teach people a lesson in trust."
Haha nice, I'm gonna go do that with mine right now just for fun. No joke.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats keep going one day at a time