Notices

I think I'm on my way...

Old 02-08-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wellness - we are so similar, i think we actually used the same sets of words in our posts (the part about thanking god and getting to bed). So another epiphany I have had sober, and I suspect you are starting to feel it too, is that you can actually see your anger and/or resentment coming on. I know this sounds obvious, but in my mind, before, it used to just come head on, and terrorize everybody around me (i'm being a little dramatic - it was more like just be grouchy and picking on people). Now, I can actually sense its onset, get a hold of myself, collect my thoughts and slow down my angst. I'm not saying I am a saint, but I have started down a recovery journey of my issues beyond alcohol. I do know though, that this was categorically impossible so long as I drank!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you MentalLoop!!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Wellness: You posted some kind words on my thread a while ago & I just read yours. ... I have to say that your story sounds shockingly familiar to mine. I literally could have written this post 2+ years ago! I have 3 boys..they saw everything. My oldest is 16 now and is still trying to recover from being a son of an alcoholic. He still wonders when he walks through the door if I will be drunk or not. And Ive been sober for 2 yrs..it does not go away.

As for the wine, I too had that attitude, I'm not an alcoholic, its wine (like that was a classier drink! in my head) Wine almost killed me. Again, literally. The best thing I ever did was tell my husband that I do not want to drink ever again. We do not have alcohol in the house. ever.

3 DUI's later and yes..3 nights in jail..and no drivers license now, I quit! Wine is no better than a cheap bottle of vodka.

Keep your chin up, you can do this! Congrats on your 10 days!!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I just love how everything is getting so much clearer. I'm leaving tomorrow with my family for a family get-away. I know I'm going to be tempted at night to have wine since we will be going out for dinner every night. Ugh.... If I can get through this, I can get through any thing!! I just love how I'm feeling...day 11