Notices

learning from mistakes

Old 02-07-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Hey Flyer!!! So funny you posted here. There was a post about a FT ending their account here and I so totally mistaked it for you (FF). I wrote how you inspired me to go to my first meeting here. I will find link and forward it to you...I think you are great and love following your posts!

Girl I know I have like every flavored water, tea, water etc in my fridge I chug them when craving hits. I also can not have an empty tummy cause that is a trigger for me so I am eating like crazy.....well i started control today cause I gained 5 pounds whahhhh lol

Thanks for the tips!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've heard about people who relapse and then go on month-long binges. I didn't believe it until it happened to me. Someone who I hold pretty dear to me told me not mess around with the guilt part, but to pick myself up, dust myself off, and head toward the next day.
One day at a time.

Our mistakes are there to learn from.
Congratulations on day 5 today!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by stepping View Post
Hey Flyer!!! So funny you posted here. There was a post about a FT ending their account here and I so totally mistaked it for you (FF). I wrote how you inspired me to go to my first meeting here. I will find link and forward it to you...I think you are great and love following your posts!

Girl I know I have like every flavored water, tea, water etc in my fridge I chug them when craving hits. I also can not have an empty tummy cause that is a trigger for me so I am eating like crazy.....well i started control today cause I gained 5 pounds whahhhh lol

Thanks for the tips!
Yeah, I have gained some weight from my snacking so I have been cutting back, and switching to healthy snacks, lol.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Ugh day six and all has been so well. My irritation and confusion has hit a max today. I won't drink but dang annoying. May have nothing to do w wd and more with annoying people. But Whahhhh. This sucks. One positive I'm feeling this emotion and not drinking!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Wow felt better getting that out.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

one week tomorrow feels great! thanks all for the support today was VERY testing and my mind is still going crazy but i am determined to pull through!!! im gonna go watch some tv and relax just wanted to check in.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Awesome job on 1 week! Keep checking in. My first week was really rough but it gets easier and it's soooo worth it.

Hope the next week goes smoother for you.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Yea rain it started out great but yesterday was a test for sure. Today's better. Day 7 yay. I'll be back on tonight after work and able to post more since I'll b off :-)
Old 02-10-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Day 8 and moving right along! A bit of irritation is occuring but I just have to find other ways to deal with it; have not found any good ones so any suggestions would be great! I am off today and have a full day planned of cooking and other fun stuff Should be fun when not accompanied by a hangover Have a good day everyone!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Yay for Day 8! I usually deal with irritations by distracting myself with something calming like music or a movie. Right now, I'm learning about how to just sit with emotion and not add more drama to it. You can actually feel the irritation leave you. Cooking is great stress reliever too. Hope you enjoyed your day off!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:06 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Hiya Rain!!! Things are going well! I have a hiking trip planned tomorrow..forcing myself to go to try and break this anti-social thing I have going on. Plus I will get some exercise. Yeah I love cooking too. Today I made this alfredo/marinara pasta stuff in the crock pot from a recipe I found online BUT it was not the best..probably bc i tweaked it a bit....im a vegetarian so i had to leave the meat part out....ugh lol...but fun while making Sit with emotion I like that! that will probably be something I use daily thanks girl!!! Hope your night is going well!!!!! BIG HUG!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Stepping, I'm approaching one year sober soon and I have to tell you I dove really deep into cooking.....and sharing what I made with others. Great creative therapeutic therapy.

Keep on cookin

Big hugs
Old 02-11-2012, 10:35 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

It's so nice to read that things are going well for you. Hiking sounds awesome! Good for you for getting out. Let us know how it went.