Notices

Day 6

Old 02-04-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

Hi all, I'm new to the forums. I've been a binge drinker for about 5 years now, started when I was in college. Every time I've tried cutting back in the past I went back to drinking and drinking heavier than before I tried quitting. Longest I've made it was 39 days last spring - was even past the point of craving it anymore, I drank again to try to convince myself I could have a couple and quit. Needless to say, it didn't work that way for me..

My real wake up call was when I realized just how anxious and jittery I was becoming if I didn't drink for more than a couple days. Also, my tolerance was going up and it was getting to be expensive.

So here I am on day 6 again. It seems like I've been feeling worse with each passing day, a headache that won't go away and a complete lack of energy. But at the same time I'm sick of being controlled by a substance and being hungover half the time. My main goal is to learn to have fun in life without alcohol, since the two have gone hand in hand for me for so long now. Wish me luck.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR spectered
D
Old 02-04-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Welcome and good luck.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

I failed miserably at moderation too. It was a never ending cycle. It's so much easier to just not drink at all.

God bless.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Spectered,

Welcome to SR! You will find a lot of experience, wisdom and understanding here!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Spectered!

Congratulations on deciding to get sober (and on your 6 days!) I went back to drinking a couple times, too (just knowing that I could control it!). I've finally accepted that I'll never be able to develop a nonchalant attitude about alcohol..... I'll always want "just one more."

I had the same lack of energy/motivation for a while, but hang in there because it really does get better. Better not to push yourself at first anyway.

Glad you've joined us!