Notices

I went to the rehab place today...

Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I went to the rehab place today...

My mom found a outpatient rehab place, I went after work and had a sit down with a lady which cost me 90 bucks for less than a hour! Paperwork, evaluation ect.

The lady described the program which btw Is 55 dollars an hour, three hours a day, three days a week for six weeks. She said there program offers no medical help, everybody sits around and talks about their problem and such. You CAN NOT drink during the program, and they will pee quiz you. From what I understood is that if you drank they would refer you to your doc for medical help.

Honestly guys I don't plan on going this route, I think I'd be better off trying AA and possibly checking my arse in a detox facility, your thought?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you feel you need to detox, then by all means go. You can start going to meetings when you get out. Talk to other people there, get a sponsor, work the steps.

Hope all goes well.

God bless.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jocata View Post
If you feel you need to detox, then by all means go. You can start going to meetings when you get out. Talk to other people there, get a sponsor, work the steps.

Hope all goes well.

God bless.

Honestly idk if I need to detox or not. If I do that whole situation bothers me.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That sounds a bit expensive to me. It would cost $3000 if I can do arithmetic this morning....Always factor in the cost of continuing to drink though; which is steep in many ways, not just $$.

The time investment is similar to the OP rehab I did, and it was extremely beneficial.

There was a lead counselor and we all met with him one on one regularly and he was awesome at his job; we then had organized group meetings around a Hazelden type of plan based on the steps of AA but with some psychology added in. There was no urine testing involved and I would have found that insulting. Someone in our group did admit to repeatedly drinking in the program and he was eventually asked to leave.

If you could find a less costly alternative without the Big Brother aspect, or if you can afford it, I'd encourage you to go - it can be life-changing in the best possible way.

Best wishes to you!