Notices

2nd AA meeting tonight

Old 02-03-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Cool 2nd AA meeting tonight

Second AA meeting in about 45 minutes.
Went to the first one in my new city last night. Good group.
The one tonight is with a different group. It's for newcomers.
I'm going to keep going until I like it.
I am determined to stay quit!
Wish me luck.
Chat when I get back

Old 02-03-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stepping View Post
I'm going to keep going until I like it.
I am determined to stay quit!
You'll get there....Enjoy it.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there girl. I know you got it in you!

God bless.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Have fun your right where you belong

Good love, Inda
Old 02-03-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I often go to 2 meetings a day.
Keep going, you WILL like it !

Best of luck to you.

Bob R.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Thanks everyone! I think I may have found my home meeting with this one!
Last night the meeting for some reason made me want to drink BUT tonight was great!
I got my 24 hour chip and actually mustered the courage to introduce myself along with some words about me. Granted I cried when talking about the 8 years I have wasted and the desire that is so strong to stop drinking.
The topic was how are you staying sober today. First he asked anyone sober under 2 weeks. My heart was racing and I was shaking. He went around to one month, three month, one year etc. Then after everyone was done I raised my hand and said "I should have spoke up at less than two weeks, but I don't know how I am staying sober. That's why I am here because what I have done in the past isn't working so I am exploring every avenue to stop and that's why I am here. I am literally taking it minute by minute now and I just don't know how I am doing it. Your stories helped me so much. I am ready to change. Every day has just been such a waste and I am ready to stop drinking. I am just exhausted"
A young meth/alcoholic guy gave me his 24 hour chip. He has 37 days. He said my story touched him
I am going back tomorrow and am super stoked.
I felt like I belonged and everyone welcomed me with open arms. I found my new addiction....I'm just gonna keep going back!!!
I wanted to get the 12&12 book but they were sold out. Maybe I can find it in town tomorrow. I am ready to start working these steps. I didn't get a sponser but will try to tomorrow or shortly after. One step at a time.
Stopped on the way home and got a juicer and a veggie burger. No more hang over for this girl
Old 02-03-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Way to go, stepping...great new life experiences await you.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad you found a good meeting for you stepping. Keep going back!

God bless.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
MINEr

Right on, I love hearing it when people fall for the program quickly. I hope and pray that drive will carry you through. Keep coming back.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That's awesome...I like what you shared. Nice job!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

you sound like me stepping. it didn't take me long to like it, and even less time after that to start loving it.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's great to hear about your positive experience. For me, the fellowship of AA was huge, I was no longer alone.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Thanks Everyone!
I am so excited for tonights meeting and the many that will follow.
Zebra - you are right and hit it on the nail. Nobody I surround myself with is an alcoholic (or at least will admit to it) Sometimes I feel like nobody understands minus SR. It's good have that face to face interaction to verify that I am not alone.
I am ready to get this new sober life started and start participating in the program and working the steps! I started doing some reading last night about the 12 steps. I hope Barnes and Nobles has the 12 steps and 12 traditions. I want to start reading, learning and discovering the sober me ASAP First I have to learn to live sober. So far so good so why ever go back to the he%% I created with alcohol!? There's no reason!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good going stepping. Just keep stepping forward. And don't look back. Just because you were, doesn't mean you'll always be. There's a whole new wonderful sober world out there waiting to be enjoyed.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I hope Barnes and Nobles has the 12 steps and 12 traditions.

If they don't you can get it delivered pretty quick from Amazon.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
~sb

The only book you need for now is Alcoholics Anonymous. read the first 164 pages and the appendices in the back.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

good luck stepping, I think minute by minute is a great way to start and I so glad you like the meetings.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Zebra - Thanks! B&N did not have it but I ordered it. They said it should be here in 3-4 days. I ordered lots from them before and they are usually pretty quick as well. I want to start working the steps that is why I am so anxious to learn more about them.

Sugar - I got the Big Book and am starting to read it. Thanks for the advice. Pages 1 - 164 here I come

Kat - Thanks! That's all I know to do right now.... minute by minute works. It's whatever works for each of us. All I know is right now minute by minute is working.

Went to the same group I did last night. Whole different group of people (then some the same) but same meeting. Again for newcomers. Today since there were some same faces in the room when the leader asked two weeks and under he asked me directly; how are you staying sober today. I joked and said well today I am not going to cry as I did yesterday but instead I have chosen to turn bright red. Everyone laughed. Just reintroduced myself and told them I am committed to the program and have faith that the fellowship will help me stay sober. I said I just am not drinking today and repeating tomorrow. They all clapped as they did yesterday. I just don't feel alone anymore!!! I have plans to go to church with a friend that I met and then follow that with a meeting tomorrow. A girl about my age came up and slipped me a piece of paper that said "Welcome to AA call me anytime" That was nice and I plan on calling her. She had 30 days today. The one who gave me his 24 hour chip yesterday brought me a book. It's for NA but he said you can use the book for whatever demon you have. That was nice. I am going to take him my book; The language of letting go. It's about codependency but I always related it to alcohol. Hopefully he will do the same with his DOC. It just feels so good to connect with people. I never do this. I never make friends. I never feel comfortable. I do at AA. It calms me! 90 meetings in 90 days here I come I will keep you guys posted every step of the way ...literally
Old 02-05-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Oh the life of sobriety! I love it! Went to church and to the meeting with my friend from AA. Now home for the night safe and without drink! Getting ready for my work day tomorrow. I won't be hung over and there will be thousands that will be; I feel for them. No more of that mess in this girls world. Healing, maturing, and living the life I am supposed to live by His will! Not just surviving anymore! I will not allow the devil to take me over again with alcohol. He was literally laughing as he kept me away from my relationship with God for so many years. The only time I felt the relationship was for my 22 days sober. I lost it. But I am back now to lead this life with Him

Happy Superbowl Sober Sunday Everyone!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

So awesome

I can see you smiling thru your words

Keep doing what your doing.

Good love, Inda